Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2019, Yas Island - Race 21/21

Rate the 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Soldato
Classic Ferrari, classic Hamilton.

Given that Arrivabene dragged Ferrari up from a fourth place to designing the 2018 and 2019 car before they binned him for this season, Binotto must already be on borrowed time. If they don’t have positive results by the first European race, I think that his fate will have been sealed. Race operations have, once again, been underperforming the car. That said, no excuse other than himself for Vettel not being able to start a hot lap competently today.

Great result for Russell - a little bit of history there in his first, very tough, season.

Man of Honour
What's Red Bull's long run pace looked like?

On the soft tyre, couple of tenths faster than Leclerc and Vettel, couple of tenths slower than Hamilton.
Didn't do a hard run that I can see.
Medium tyre, was slower than Hamilton and Leclerc, faster than Vettel, but they were all on the hard tyre. Vettel just seems slow on any tyre at the moment.

What are the odds of Vettel announcing his retirement after this race?
3rd kid just arrived and been beaten in the overall points, number of poles and wins by a 'rookie' teammate. Last time that happened he ran away from Red Bull to Ferrari.

Soldato
Thanks for the threads shimmy, I normally just lurk but they're great to track the season with, especially the OP for the info all in one place. Hopefully you'll keep it up next season.

Verstappen to win with the undercut today maybe?

Man of Honour
Should be an easy win for Hamilton, although I wouldn’t trust max off the start. None of the other teams have shown good enough long run pace.

I can see vettel calling it a day this weekend.

Man of Honour
Leclerc passed to the stewards. Fuel amount declared to FIA and what was in the car was different when checked.

Investigating after the race... once the fuel has been burnt off... :rolleyes:

Caporegime
They just don't want Leclerc further embarrassing Vettel by extending his points tally over him, Leclerc would have finished this season 50+ points ahead of him if Ferrari weren't screwing him, don't forget the first half a dozen races they were ordering Leclerc to move over for him.

Man of Honour
Norris Radio

Pit - Ok Mate, we've got a few hard on's today. We've got Kvyat and the two Willies have gone hard. Everybody else with a free choice is medium apart from Guiovinazzi who's gone soft.

Norris - Thank you for that very precise information.

Man of Honour
Hamilton gaining 0.8s in Sector 3 on it's own.

That Mercedes is so impressive. From a previous car that destroyed its tyres it now seems perfectly in sync with them and switches them on perfectly. It gets the power down crazily early off the corners.

DRS disabled. Come on F1. Not great on a track where you can’t overtake.

Back
Top Bottom