Live web cam

Caporegime
Hi all,

Simple request, after a simple web cam I can leave running at home and access from my phone.

What I don't want:
-A camera that demands me to sign up using an email address plus any other details (some ask for your home address!!!?)
-A camera that insist orakes it compulsory to use their cloud storage

What I'd like:
-Simple cheap camera that I can connect to
-Password protected maybe?
-Does live streaming
-Half decent picture obviously

Looked on Amazon, I find a few that look okay, look into the reviews and there's people talking about security concerns, so I end up not purchasing

Soldato
I would be interested in something similar too. I had something a bit like this set up in the early 00s with an actual webcam connected to PC and had it set to upload a fresh image every 20 seconds or so to an FTP server which I could then access in any web browser. I used some freeware software at the time to do this but can't remember what is was called now.

Soldato
The first thing thats pops into my mind for livestreaming is probably not what it will be used for:D. Surely the address thing, you could put in anyones address (i assume you'd be concerned about someone seeing your house is empty.

Associate
Reading the reviews, the web viewing feature only works in Internet Explorer. It's 2019!
Tis true, even then bit of a ball ache as it requires active x? I think..but it does work in the end.

But..I use a phone app (onvifer) and rarely use a browser.
Never had a Foscam fail on me and have been using various models over 15 years, in some damn harsh environments.
So would always be my 24/7 recording camera of choice, but now days, a simple blink xt2 will work but the OP did'nt want e-mail sign up or cloud based.

Edit
If the OP insists on none cloud based, a static IP would make life much easier for remote access.

Caporegime
OP
The first thing thats pops into my mind for livestreaming is probably not what it will be used for:D. Surely the address thing, you could put in anyones address (i assume you'd be concerned about someone seeing your house is empty.

Concern? Why would I go e a random Chinese company my home address and allow the access to the camera? :p

Tis true, even then bit of a ball ache as it requires active x? I think..but it does work in the end.

But..I use a phone app (onvifer) and rarely use a browser.
Never had a Foscam fail on me and have been using various models over 15 years, in some damn harsh environments.
So would always be my 24/7 recording camera of choice, but now days, a simple blink xt2 will work but the OP did'nt want e-mail sign up or cloud based.

Edit
If the OP insists on none cloud based, a static IP would make life much easier for remote access.

I'll take a look.

The cloud storage isn't a major issue, it's when you're forced to provide such ridiculous details. And yes, I could provide fake ones.

Back
Top Bottom