DON'T BUY MSI THEY MIS-SOLD TOP SPEC GT SERIES LAPTOPS with MXM Graphics

Associate
OP
It's a surprise to me that this thread is still going after nearly 3 years.

The thing I'm most disappointed is the MSI reps didn't stay for the duration, tried to push people into not talking about the offers they received, and gave people vastly differing offers.

MSI, you are more than welcome to make reparations with the community in the UK via this thread. (Maybe have a chat with OcUK and see how many unique views this thread has had?).

To everyone that has commented, shared this situation, or simple recommended against MSI, thank you.

For anyone still involved in this debacle, you have my sympathies.

Associate
From my experience I have a gt73vr 7rf and it's been perfect for my needs. Its just over 2 year old and not had a issue with it. I'm looking to upgrade and from my own personal experience I'll be happy to look at other msi products.

Associate
OP
From my experience I have a gt73vr 7rf and it's been perfect for my needs. Its just over 2 year old and not had a issue with it. I'm looking to upgrade and from my own personal experience I'll be happy to look at other msi products.

We all know that MSI make some great products, that was never the issue.

The problem is how MSI treat their high ticket customers when MSI themselves screw up.

You're fortunate enough not to have been caught up in this circumstance.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Everything is great until you have a problem and need support. You haven't had any problems so of course you don't see it the same way as the others who have have, that is clear.

Associate

Again never the issue... this thread is about how MSI advertised something, didn't end up offering it (whole reason we purchased the laptop) then tried to screw us on these "swap" deals for a new laptop to presumably make a profit from the prices i've seen offered!

Not to mention when i sent the laptop back they tried to charge me for RMA repairs when we did go for the upgrade.

Infact I was so adamant that I hated MSI that much I would sell the GT73VR 7RF I upgraded too, however after a few teething issues (power pack died on me, black screen because drivers were crap (took about a month to get upgrade drivers on the MSI website!) I happily kept the laptop as it was actually good quality and decent performance.

However for my next purchase it will never be MSI because they broke my trust. I would never trust anything they promise or advertise these days in my personal opinion due to my experiences.

But again, it was never MSI products sucked, it was the breach of trust and from my point of view the false advertising - This whole thread is about holding them accountable and ensuring they DO NOT repeat this again and other people lose out.

Man of Honour
I admit their customer services leave a lot to be desired. Having had three MSI's now, two had to be sent back due to major problems over the years. However, to be fair, once the RMA was in process it was quite plain sailing. The problem was pre-RMA dealing with a team based in Asia, with different time zones and a lack of general understanding due to language barriers which should not be an issue today. They seem very Asian-centric still and the European side of things seem to take a back seat.

That said, the actual product is amazing in my honest opinion, which is why I've had three.

Associate
OP
As previously stated this was never about the quality of MSI hardware but their mismanagement of their customers due to a situation MSI created.

I had been loyal to MSI from my first GT60, then GS60, then GT72.

MSI broke the trust of their high ticket laptop customers.

As an aside the new GT76 with desktop 9900K is ~£1,500 more than the equivalent Clevo with no gaming or computational benefits.

Associate
Hi MiSJAH i can't believe this thread is still going. i had all but forgotten about the fiasco and my GT83 has been serving me well...... almost time for an upgrade though and it won't be MSI

Soldato
I hope the class action is successful, on principle if nothing else. I like MSI machines/hardware, they make nice stuff, but this sort of customer service failure is unacceptable, and I hope the people responsible are no longer with them.

Associate
OP
If you follow MSI on any social media platforms, please share this thread there.

Let MSI know we are following the lawsuit and have not forgotten.

(I can't, they blocked me from posting to their feeds, hmmmmm, very strange it's like they don't want their customers to know still.)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I hope the class action is successful, on principle if nothing else. I like MSI machines/hardware, they make nice stuff, but this sort of customer service failure is unacceptable, and I hope the people responsible are no longer with them.

I agree, I've never had any real issues with their hardware. Apart from the lack of claimed upgrade path.

But the way they have treated their customers that have spent up to £4,000 on these laptops is offensive.

Back
Top Bottom