Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
after reading this thread i've started using the Oden. my god that gun is good. they drop so quickly.

just hit level 56. whats all these challenge things about now?

It's brilliant. I basically used it exclusively in single-fire mode and it transformed the gun for me.

Now levelling up the Kar and PP Bizon

Associate
It's brilliant. I basically used it exclusively in single-fire mode and it transformed the gun for me.

Now levelling up the Kar and PP Bizon

Agree on the Oden, its really good but not sure about single-fire yet, it might be that i haven't unlocked the right attachments yet to get the best out of it

Soldato
So I went straight into multiplayer and tbh the graphics were so bad they hurt my eyes. Even with everything cranked at 4K/60 my 2080 was at 55% and the fans weren’t on! Light gaming anyone?

I loaded up the campaign and started walking through the Forest and gpu was at 97% and graphics looked lovely.

So why the imbalance?

Soldato
Finally completed all the officer challenges in time for season 1 on Tuesday. Now working my way through the remaining missions i think i have 3 more to complete.

Best part is i don't even enjoy the game half the time yet still find myself going on just for the sake of completing stuff. Stupid i know.

Associate
I normally only play CoD for the single player experience and for that reason normally hold off until the price drops. And not played multiplayer since MW2 or BO as I was finding it to frustrating. But decided to pickup MW as it was on sale and I really wanted to see what RTX was like in SP, it looks and runs beautifuly, not very far in yet but think this could be on of the better SP experiences. Also tried MP and for the first time in a very long time I enjoyed it, no idea what I'm doing half the time so will need to have a read up.

Soldato
Finally completed all the officer challenges in time for season 1 on Tuesday. Now working my way through the remaining missions i think i have 3 more to complete.

Best part is i don't even enjoy the game half the time yet still find myself going on just for the sake of completing stuff. Stupid i know.
I've never found a clear answer for this, what are officer ranks and what do you get for completing them?

Soldato
I've never found a clear answer for this, what are officer ranks and what do you get for completing them?

In previous cod games once you hit level 55 you could prestige which would set you back to level 1, you would then work your way up again to level 55 where you could prestige 2. Each time you had a new emblem to show your prestige level.

This cod they have got rid of the prestige mode and replaced it with officer challenges.

So once you hit level 55 you unlock officer challenges and you get a challenge everytime you level up until you hit max rank which is 155.

That’s a total of 100 officer challenges you can complete. They range from simple ones like get 200 kills with an assault rifle to get 4 kills on the kill cam. Some are really hard, others take a while but most are simple enough.
Every 10 officer challenges completed you will earn a new season emblem. Complete all 100 before season 1 starts and you get the highest level emblem.

Once season 1 starts on Tuesday, officer challenges will be reset and everyone will be reset back to 55 (presuming they were above that level) and a new set of challenges unlock.

The missions which are available from level 1 don’t get reset.

Associate
Not a fan of the new system, so just ignore the officer challenges completely.
I like my gun and my setup, don't want to play with sniper rifles or getting head-shots with a handgun while standing on 1 leg eating a pot noodle.
Gives some people things to do I guess :)

Whats with people seemingly binding prone to mouse 1, stand and fight like a man, such try hard :p

Soldato
Not a fan of the new system, so just ignore the officer challenges completely.
I like my gun and my setup, don't want to play with sniper rifles or getting head-shots with a handgun while standing on 1 leg eating a pot noodle.
Gives some people things to do I guess :)

Whats with people seemingly binding prone to mouse 1, stand and fight like a man, such try hard :p
I like challenges but I also like rewards and the seasonal emblems looks very generic to me.

Worse than the drop shotters are the people that have unbound W and just sit in hidey holes in every cranny of the map.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
So I went straight into multiplayer and tbh the graphics were so bad they hurt my eyes. Even with everything cranked at 4K/60 my 2080 was at 55% and the fans weren’t on! Light gaming anyone?

I loaded up the campaign and started walking through the Forest and gpu was at 97% and graphics looked lovely.

So why the imbalance?

Higher need for stable FPS in MP perhaps? Or possibly due to crossplay compatibility.

Not sure TBH but I found with everything maxed out, RT and HDR on, it doesn’t look that bad and in places still looks pretty.

However my 2080Ti gets hotter than that and GPU utilisation sits above 55%. That’s playing at the same res as you too.

Associate
Do we have a time for the season 1 update yet?

I read something earlier than mentioned 6pm UK time.

I hope its no later as I would like to get it downloading when I get home and hopefully my super slow internet will have it completed when I want to play around 10ish.

Soldato
I still can't pull myself away from the M4, I try different gun's get them to level 15/20 so have a decent amount of unlock's then for a game or two I'll switch back to my short medium and long range M4's and absolutely own. There's guns that'll drop a small fraction quicker, but the ADS speeds and accuracy can't be beaten imo. I thought the SCAR was close for a while.

Back
Top Bottom