• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
I have now made to the top spot on the Ryzen single core scores on Cinebench. This CPU keeps on giving. Here is my post from that thread:

Got some new personal records :)

This one is all core 4.5GHz:

1.jpg

And even better I can now move up from 15th place to 11th making me the highest single core Ryzen result :D

FYI, ignore the all core result. That was from a 4.4GHz all core test I did before running the 4.65GHz single core OC. The PC had restarted from trying to run 4.7GHz so I wanted to make sure all was still well by running that 4.4GHz run :p

2.jpg
yeah you got a nice chip there. what speed do you run for your 24/7 overclock

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
thx, just about to have a play with mine. do you just use ryzen master or do it in the bios?
Ryzen Master for the moment. Will do it via BIOS at some point however. Only recently sorted out issues I was having with RAM so want to make sure everything is rock solid before I put it into BIOS.

Soldato
My 3950x has been ordered - goodbye Intel! The last time I had an AMD CPU was in 2007 and have been Intel ever since until today.

Associate
Just had a play with the 3600x and it will do 4.4 with pbo but it needs stupid volts, highest I saw was 1.486 but it won't pass one round of cb r20 on an all core oc with the vcore set lower in ryzen master. 4.3 with the core volt set manually to 1.35 in ryzen master is as low as it will go to pass 1 round. What is the safest max vcore I can apply as I am reading quite a bit of conflicting info. Got the ram running nice at 3600mhz and probably tighten the timings a bit more. So far so good I like the chip and especially when you remember the price of it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just had a play with the 3600x and it will do 4.4 with pbo but it needs stupid volts, highest I saw was 1.486 but it won't pass one round of cb r20 on an all core oc with the vcore set lower in ryzen master. 4.3 with the core volt set manually to 1.35 in ryzen master is as low as it will go to pass 1 round. What is the safest max vcore I can apply as I am reading quite a bit of conflicting info. Got the ram running nice at 3600mhz and probably tighten the timings a bit more. So far so good I like the chip and especially when you remember the price of it.
Unlucky. Seems you got standard/poor silicon. Still as you say, for the price it is a great chip.

Associate
Yeah it seems so fella, decided to settle for 4.2 and see how far i can drop the volts to maintain performance. On an all core oc in ryzen master should pbo be turned off in the bios or should I leave it on?

Back
Top Bottom