• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I wish Apple could somehow adopt Alexa from Amazon, it’s so much better than Siri.

Amazon have really nailed it with Alexa.

I wish people would be less willing to have a global corporate super power listening to what they do and using that data for their own gain but there you go. Remember you are the product not Alexa.

I don’t disagree Siri needs to improve but I’d 100% prefer it to run on and only on the device over any improvements.

Soldato
My wife has an iPhone 7 and is due an upgrade. I've tried to get her to see the light and go for a proper phone but she's resolute. What iPhone is the one to go for nowadays? Not particularly looking for rapid performance but a good battery and storage is probably top of the list.

Soldato
My wife has an iPhone 7 and is due an upgrade. I've tried to get her to see the light and go for a proper phone but she's resolute. What iPhone is the one to go for nowadays? Not particularly looking for rapid performance but a good battery and storage is probably top of the list.
What do you mean a proper phone? I take it you mean move away from Apple over to android?

Soldato
Thinking of getting either an 11 or 11 pro. How have people with 64gb got on storage wise?

Fine, I just pay for extra iCloud storage and between that and the way the phone manages what's on the phone intelligently I've never had any alerts about storage. I'd have to film a lot of 4K 60fps videos with no internet connection to have an issue I think.

Soldato
I wish people would be less willing to have a global corporate super power listening to what they do and using that data for their own gain but there you go. Remember you are the product not Alexa.

I don’t disagree Siri needs to improve but I’d 100% prefer it to run on and only on the device over any improvements.

100% agree, literally why I moved all my IT needs over to apple. They have a higher respect for privacy, got homepods and ditched literally everything non apple, computers, laptop, all phones and tablets etc now with them.

The eco system is pretty ace as well now I moved it all over, all just works :)

Associate
100% agree, literally why I moved all my IT needs over to apple. They have a higher respect for privacy, got homepods and ditched literally everything non apple, computers, laptop, all phones and tablets etc now with them.

The eco system is pretty ace as well now I moved it all over, all just works :)

Mentioned this in the thread in the Phones section but I see a LOT of pro Android fans move over (or have moved over) to Apple in recent times for that very reason ("it just works") and yet here I am, firmly entrenched within Apple yet I'm wanting to go back over to Android.

Soldato
Pros and cons to both systems.
For me my iPhone is a tool first and foremost, you wouldn’t want to spend ages customising your hammer so i wouldn’t want to have to do the same with my phone , but I can see why some would

Soldato
("it just works")

I really don't like this old marketing phrase. My old Android phone just worked. My new Android phone just works. My Windows 10 PC just works. My iPhone XS just works. The only thing that doesn't just work is the total and utter abomination that is iTunes.

Soldato
I really don't like this old marketing phrase. My old Android phone just worked. My new Android phone just works. My Windows 10 PC just works. My iPhone XS just works. The only thing that doesn't just work is the total and utter abomination that is iTunes.

Yeh that stuff works, but not great and also the sheer amount of spyware built into Windows 10, some android phones etc is appalling.

And who the hell uses iTunes these days? I don't!!! lol Apple Music direct on the phone, or any apple device, that 'just works'

Soldato
Mentioned this in the thread in the Phones section but I see a LOT of pro Android fans move over (or have moved over) to Apple in recent times for that very reason ("it just works") and yet here I am, firmly entrenched within Apple yet I'm wanting to go back over to Android.

Yeah to me its a matter of a basic human right not to be tracked, of course every one says 'iv got nothing to hide' - to me is just like saying you don't need freedom of speech if you have nothing to say.

Basic. Human. Right. - that is ignored by many corporations - apple eco system, my data doesn't get sold or used (at least no where near the extent on all other platforms) add in bitdefender anti tracking stuff and pihole on the router etc, I see almost no adds, and those that I do clearly are not tracked to me (just random products), shame we live in a world where I must go this extent to do that.

Soldato
Yeah to me its a matter of a basic human right not to be tracked, of course every one says 'iv got nothing to hide' - to me is just like saying you don't need freedom of speech if you have nothing to say.

I agree wholeheartedly, but what happens when you use any Google product, even on your iPhone? Your privacy is gone. Every company that makes cash out of your existence can't permit you to completely deny it access to your data and still use the product. Personally I would happily pay a subscription to avoid adverts and data hoovering.

Soldato
This is sort of why I raised the question in the other thread on the mobiles forum.
The whole "it just works" thing is a bit misleading as most things these days "just work" (unless you're on Linux compiling kernals and things).
Personally I encounter no more issues with Android on my phone as I do with iOS on my iPad. Neither are perfect.

Soldato

As above, most stuff just works but you have to admit Apple takes this to the next level.

You can’t get your android phone to sync with your Windows PC without a being a pain to configure and you need to know the right software to use. It’s just way beyond your average user.

With Apple you just log in with your Apple ID and boom everything seamlessly synced between your laptop, tablet and phone.

Soldato
Love my new 11 Pro. Coming from an iPhone 7 it’s a big jump. I like faceID more than I thought it would but miss more the home button more than I thought!

Back
Top Bottom