• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Not sure to be honest. I would not want to go past 1.325v myself.

Before I forget to ask, when testing did you get a max voltage note from the graphs/logs to indicate what the auto boosting was providing it? Thinking along the lines of if it works fine before manually setting voltages you know what the board was pouring out as that would be a safe 24/7 amount.

Associate
Ok this seems to be my max cb r20 oc, 4.25 @ 1.30625. it will run at [email protected] but any lower than that performance starts to decrease. However the temps are 5-6° cooler @1.29 so now trying to decide if the .5mhz is worth the heat. Average piece of silicone but still a nice upgrade from the 1700 @3.8 and very happy.

Associate
in one system I have a desktop with a stock 3600 and a dual fan cooler where I ramp the fans up to 100% at 60ºC so that it keeps its max boost by being below 65ºC. (I seem to remember from somewhere that above 65ºC the automatic overclock starts to reduce)

My wife has a Silverstone SFF case with a 3600 (currently with a 1st gen spire that I got with a 1700, the one with a copper plug and less noisy but slower fan). I have just bought a low profile cryorig C7 cooler (to replace the spire) for it but want either cooler to be more quiet and am willing to let the cpu go above 65ºC.

What temp should I let it go up to?
what fan profile should I use? any suggestions
can anyone advise what the temperature levels are that determine when PBO, boosts or stock clocks are activated?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Before I forget to ask, when testing did you get a max voltage note from the graphs/logs to indicate what the auto boosting was providing it? Thinking along the lines of if it works fine before manually setting voltages you know what the board was pouring out as that would be a safe 24/7 amount.
Never looked those graphs or logs to be honest.

Soldato
ok i am done now 4.25 at vcore set to 1.3125 in ryzen master. this gave me a cb r20 run of 3833. here are my load volts, do they look ok?
GfzSD9s.png

Go for the 4.3Ghz. 1.35v is fine, hell my 3600 runs at 1.38v stock under all core load. You should try tightening them ram timings up, that will give you more of a performance boost in stuff like games over a few Mhz on the core.

Associate
Go for the 4.3Ghz. 1.35v is fine, hell my 3600 runs at 1.38v stock under all core load. You should try tightening them ram timings up, that will give you more of a performance boost in stuff like games over a few Mhz on the core.
sweet thx, well i originally thought it would be ok but i read so many bits of conflicting info so didnt want to risk it. yeah after i had finished on the cpu i was going tighten the timings.

Associate
So I purchased 16gb of team group dark pro 3600mhz to go with my 3700X to replace the corsair vengance 3200Mhz Ram I had (using the old ram and old ryzen 2600 for my son), machine seems even quicker and I am running it using XMP. could anyone suggest some slightly tighter timing but keeping it all at 3600Mhz or do I have to go down the route of trial and error.

Apologies for lazyness but use the PC 24/7 for work and games and at 42 I have lost the will to fight with the Bios for hours :)

Caporegime
If you watch these videos, you'd see that the framerate difference is not big:

Firstly, why no GPU load in the OSD? if the GPU is under high load then the performance difference seen here is invalid, secondly the "Extreme OC 3770K" rig is clearly running much lower graphics settings :rolleyes:

This is a shill channel. Just so you know... if you go looking for things to confirm your own bias, its the sort of thing you will find.

S2flglk.png

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Firstly, why no GPU load in the OSD? if the GPU is under high load then the performance difference seen here is invalid, secondly the "Extreme OC 3770K" rig is clearly running much lower graphics settings :rolleyes:

S2flglk.png
He scours the web looking for examples that fit his narrative and then posts it here. Lol. He has been proven wrong by loads of users here yet he continues. He does not seem to get it is not black or white case and there is plenty grey and advice must be tailored to an individuals use case. Saying a 3600 is not enough for anyone is looney.

He even tried to tell me that a Ryzen 3600 is not good enough for me as 4K60FPS user and I need at least a 8 core CPU. Obviously I did not listen and low and behold my 3600 barely warms up when I game. I mean how could that be true when my 4770K did not even get 50% usage and that is a 6+ year old 4 core CPU with worse IPC. I am always GPU limited or hit my FPS target way before ending up CPU limited.

Permabanned

This is a shill channel. Just so you know... if you go looking for things to confirm your own bias, its the sort of thing you will find.

I don't even care about these results lol. The guy simply asked and these videos were the first found in YouTube. Why do you always look for an elephant under the stone? :D

Caporegime
He scours the web looking for examples that fit his narrative and then posts it here. Lol. He has been proven wrong by loads of users here yet he continues. He does not seem to get it is not black or white case and there is plenty grey and advice must be tailored to an individuals use case. Saying a 3600 is not enough for anyone is looney.

He even tried to tell me that a Ryzen 3600 is not good enough for me as 4K60FPS user and I need at least a 8 core CPU. Obviously I did not listen and low and behold my 3600 barely warms up when I game. I mean how could that be true when my 4770K did not even get 50% usage and that is a 6+ year old 4 core CPU with worse IPC. I am always GPU limited or hit my FPS target way before ending up CPU limited.

Yeah ^^^^ i went from a 4.6Ghz 4690K to a Ryzen 1600 and found anything from +0% to over 2X better performance, the 3600 has given me 30% on top of that.

Depends on your GPU and the game.

Permabanned
Yeah ^^^^ i went from a 4.6Ghz 4690K to a Ryzen 1600 and found anything from +0% to over 2X better performance, the 3600 has given me 30% on top of that.

0% in games and 100% in productivity loads. Very weird upgrade, TBH!

If I were you, I would have been with a Ryzen 7 2700X and Radeon RX 5700 XT ;)

Caporegime
0% in games and 100% in productivity loads. Very weird upgrade, TBH!

If I were you, I would have been with a Ryzen 7 2700X and Radeon RX 5700 XT ;)

0% because GPU limited.

I skipped Zen+ because the IPC was only about 5% higher.

Anyway, the most extreme example but no less valid, this was 4.6Ghz 4690K vs Ryzen 1600.

The third Image is with the 3600, i'd be lucky to get 15 FPS with the 4690K, very very demanding game.... there i could do with a better GPU, and by the looks of it an 8 core Zen 2.

6sR6qPL.png

B0KnK71.jpg

HUq39Ng.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato

I made a similar jump, I was on a 3570k and went to a Ryzen 1700. The performance was about the same for some games and a fair bit better for others. I have jumped up to a 3900X now and the performance is significantly better most of the time.

This is with a 1080Ti at 1440p 144Hz.

Back
Top Bottom