Christmas starts today

Soldato
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I'm 40 and have never lost my love for it. I think it's possibly because I never remember believing in Santa as a kid. My mum said I did when I was 3 but by 4 was skeptical and she didn't try and convince me otherwise.

So the "magic" of Christmas has always been about all the other things for me and I think why it has endured.

Associate
Picked two (fake) trees with my daughter yesterday, they’re up, decorations on and the lights are up too...I now have two very excited children (4 and 6 years old).

Looking forward to it for them more than anything!

Soldato
It begins.:o

s7GXjj7.jpg
zM66ZW6
That might be the naffest tree I've ever seen. The only way to make it even more naff would be to have multicoloured lights.

Tinsel is the devils work :mad:

Soldato
Christmas starts on Christmas Day , but Christmas Eve is allowed into the pre-party.

First decorations at the weekend but only in the kids room. Most of the house the weekend after. Lounge is decorated on Christmas Eve after I get home from work (early) and start drinking Port and eating cheese. Christmas feels so much more festive and relaxing if it starts late.

So sad that for most people it's over by Boxing Day. It would be nice if more businesses shut down for Christmas and New Year period.

Soldato
We got our tree on Saturday and put up the decorations on Sunday. I'm quite enthusiastic this year, but my wife has excelled herself and pretty much got all the presents and all the decorations already.

What did suck is that our 32V plug for the tree lights has vanished, so we could put them on the tree but not actually hook them up. I've had to order a £14 plug to finish the decorations off...

Soldato
My birthday is on the 1st, so it's always a nice way to start the festive period. I'm looking forward to it. I'm chilling at home this year and people coming to us. Woo!

Do you get two lots of presents in December or do people combine Christmas and your birthday?

I'm probably going to put my tree up a couple of weeks before Christmas. I got to find where I put all the decorations yet though lol.

Caporegime
Got a tough Christmas this year. Not looking forward to it.

Few family dramas, so Christmas isn't what it used to be.
My mum is having a hard time with mental health and lost both grandparents this year. So going home isn't going to be fun.
Buying house (if all goes through ) too so saving hard
This means almost no Xmas Decs in flat we are in, can't wait to be out of it!

Not all bad. Moved house to Wales from East anglia.

Used to love Christmas when I was younger. It's been a roller coaster year. Some good, some bad. But really looking forward to next year.

Soldato
Christmas has started in my household already, the missus and I trying to make it as special for our daughter as we can! I always find Christmas a difficult time of year, not being able to see my two older kids because of the psycho ex among issues that always put a downer on things.

Associate
All the chavs round my way have been wetting themselves for several days now in anticipation of being the first to get a disco going in there front garden with Christmas lights.

Personally i would ban them all.. no wait, i mean bomb them all :D from orbit... just to be sure :D:D:D

Soldato
That might be the naffest tree I've ever seen. The only way to make it even more naff would be to have multicoloured lights.

Oh no the Christmas tree police have arrived

No tinsel, no multi coloured lights, no flashing leds...... Boo to you sir, booooooooooo! :p

Posh tree = boring tree

Soldato

It flashes white and coloured lights intermittently/randomly depending on what pattern you choose, for your epilepsy viewing pleasure.:)

Soldato
Love Christmas, our tree went up on Saturday and we're taking my new born son to visit Santa this weekend. Not sure how that'll work as he's too young to talk and remember but hey-ho, we just want a picture with him and Santa really. Two and a bit more weeks at work then I'm off until January 6th, bring it on.

Back
Top Bottom