Another X570 Elite post...

Associate
Hey everyone. First post but been buying from ocuk for at least 10 years!

Just bought myself a new pc, the spec is:

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X CPU
Gigabyte RX 5700XT GPU
Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (2x16GB) 3200mhz
Corsair RM750 PSU
NVMe gen4 500GB Seagate Firecuda
NVMe gen4 1TB TeamGroup T-Force

So had some teething issues with the bios when starting up but got that sorted. Windows 10 installed. Steam etc installed, played a couple hours of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on ultra! Amazing game if you haven't played it. Excited out of the game, clicked on a Windows prompt. The cursor artefacted then the PC switched off.

Now the PC switches on. All fans and lights come on but the monitor will not boot up. Just black screen.

I've tried my all various configurations with my ram. Also tried resetting the bios with the CMOS pins to no avail.

Help!

Associate
So I've been helping Ali with this issue. He brought his build round to my house as I have a 2600x and gigabyte B450 pro motherboard. We swapped CPU's, and his 3700x worked fine in on my b450 after I updated to f50 bios.

We managed to get to the bios and eventually a windows repair screen with my 2600x in his rig on the x570 gigabyte elite.

Figured it must have been a corrupt windows install as this all started with him clicking on a windows prompt which caused his system to die. So created new media creation tool, the x570 was on bios f3. Formatted the 500gb nvme drive, reinstalled windows 10, when we got to windows we updated the bios to latest (f10) using @BIOS, system rebooted to windows no problem. Kept everything stock in bios. So swapped CPU's back over, my system with the 2600x on the b450 started up fine. Ali's system with the 3700x on x570, no display. Pulled the cpu and tried q flash plus'd back to f3, reinstalled cpu and still no display so we have no idea now. That board doesnt seem to be liking the 3700x, yet my b450 was fine with it. Think it needs to be a call to gigabyte?

Soldato
So I've been helping Ali with this issue. He brought his build round to my house as I have a 2600x and gigabyte B450 pro motherboard. We swapped CPU's, and his 3700x worked fine in on my b450 after I updated to f50 bios.

We managed to get to the bios and eventually a windows repair screen with my 2600x in his rig on the x570 gigabyte elite.

Figured it must have been a corrupt windows install as this all started with him clicking on a windows prompt which caused his system to die. So created new media creation tool, the x570 was on bios f3. Formatted the 500gb nvme drive, reinstalled windows 10, when we got to windows we updated the bios to latest (f10) using @BIOS, system rebooted to windows no problem. Kept everything stock in bios. So swapped CPU's back over, my system with the 2600x on the b450 started up fine. Ali's system with the 3700x on x570, no display. Pulled the cpu and tried q flash plus'd back to f3, reinstalled cpu and still no display so we have no idea now. That board doesnt seem to be liking the 3700x, yet my b450 was fine with it. Think it needs to be a call to gigabyte?

checked CPU for bent pins ? I know it was working on yours but replacing back in might of just knocked a socket pin.

should be LED fault indicator on the bottom right of the Aorus board . RED LED would be on if there is a fault with either ; mobo, ram, gpu or CPU

Associate
checked CPU for bent pins ? I know it was working on yours but replacing back in might of just knocked a socket pin.

should be LED fault indicator on the bottom right of the Aorus board . RED LED would be on if there is a fault with either ; mobo, ram, gpu or CPU

We checked, definetly no bent pins.

Associate
any of the fault LED pop up after you installed the CPU back in ?

On the X570 Aorus Elite there actually isn't any fault LED's. I noticed i had them on my B450 (one for CPU, one for VGA, one for DRAM and one for boot) as the LED's would come on then go off so must have been doing a fault check then coming back ok, but there were none on the X570 Aorus Elite board, or if there were any none lit up as we had a good look around the board for any and theres none mentioned in the manual.

Last edited:
Soldato
On the X570 Aorus Elite there actually isn't any fault LED's. I noticed i had them on my B450 (one for CPU, one for VGA, one for DRAM and one for boot) as the LED's would come on then go off so must have been doing a fault check then coming back ok, but there were none on the X570 Aorus Elite board, or if there were any none lit up as we had a good look around the board for any and theres none mentioned in the manual.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32930809/

run down from @GIGA-Man but with ultra board for flashing

Associate
should be , specially if in 14 days of buying it, then theres Gigabyte rep that can assist if things are taking a while etc

Yeah i've seen @GIGA-Man about on the forums and he's been helpful to others in chasing up RMA's.

It was delivered on Sunday just gone and we put it together that afternoon, had some teething issues getting into the bios in the first place but he eventually got it going and he was playing on it for a couple of hours, once he finished there was a windows prompt, he clicked it and the system just died altogether and hasn't worked since with that CPU in it, can't get it to post or get into bios. But worked fine with my 2600X CPU, and his 3700X CPU worked fine in my B450 system.

Soldato
It was delivered on Sunday just gone and we put it together that afternoon, had some teething issues getting into the bios in the first place but he eventually got it going and he was playing on it for a couple of hours, once he finished there was a windows prompt, he clicked it and the system just died altogether and hasn't worked since with that CPU in it, can't get it to post or get into bios. But worked fine with my 2600X CPU, and his 3700X CPU worked fine in my B450 system.

odd that bios switch and cmos removal didn't get 3700x working again

Associate
odd that bios switch and cmos removal didn't get 3700x working again

Yep, when we got windows installed with my 2600X in it, updated to latest bios version (F10), made sure it went back into windows then shut it down, swapped CPU's back and no display. Bridged the CMOS jumpers to clear it, nothing. Pulled the CPU out and done Q flash plus back to F3 and still nothing.

Back
Top Bottom