**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I bought a Pixel 4 on the 23rd. Gave Google a call and they have said that devices purchased between the 22nd and 27th are eligible to claim a nest hub. Sounds like I'll be getting Google store credit for the cost of a hub. Will update once confirmed, awaiting a call back.

The 23rd November? Hmmm. I ordered mine on the 22.
On Reddit, someone in the US moaned about the discounts and was given some pretty big store credit. Anyone want to try it here and see if they get anything?
They did that for everyone that bought one on release I believe.

Associate
The 23rd November? Hmmm. I ordered mine on the 22.

It's worth giving the Google support number a call if you want a hub. At first I asked if they could give me credit to the value of a nest hub, they said no and that I'd need to return the phone and buy it again to get the deal. I asked to arrange a return and then the guy put me on hold to arrange it, but when he came back he said he has some good news - Purchases from the 22-27th are eligible for the hub. I've ordered a hub and he has sent me an email for me to reply to with the order number and a photo of the hub once I've received it. They will then issue a refund. Doesnt seem like an official thing but I've got what I wanted, so I'm happy!

Associate
60gb should be enough surely.

I went black and god God knows why it's not matte. Wish I had gone for white or orange. That's my only gripe ... Shiny back!

It's a great phone I am very pleased

I spend 3 or 4 nights a week in hotels where the WiFi is usually pretty poor. I usually end up USB Tethering the phone to my laptop and watching TV for a few hours so that uses up lots of data.

I agree with what you say about the black, just can't decide between orange and white.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
was that only in the usa ?. as I've not seen any store credit

Ah yeah, it might well have been actually. Possibly Canada too IIRC.

It's worth giving the Google support number a call if you want a hub. At first I asked if they could give me credit to the value of a nest hub, they said no and that I'd need to return the phone and buy it again to get the deal. I asked to arrange a return and then the guy put me on hold to arrange it, but when he came back he said he has some good news - Purchases from the 22-27th are eligible for the hub. I've ordered a hub and he has sent me an email for me to reply to with the order number and a photo of the hub once I've received it. They will then issue a refund. Doesnt seem like an official thing but I've got what I wanted, so I'm happy!

Will do!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Should have asked yesterday, what number did you ring?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
No hub for me! :(

Spoke to a girl at Google support, she wouldn't budge, went off and spoke to a manager and they said they have no idea what kind of deal that was. I guess you must have got lucky @Spokwiththeears !

She offered to start a return for my device and I can reorder so I can claim the hub but I cba with that. Oh well, tbh I'm not that fussed as I've seen some mixed reviews on them anyway.

Soldato
She offered to start a return for my device and I can reorder so I can claim the hub but I cba with that. Oh well, tbh I'm not that fussed as I've seen some mixed reviews on them anyway.

You meet people like this, where it's as if the concession comes out of their own wages. When I encounter support staff ferociously guarding a tiny little thing for no reason other than they want to, I generally will ask them lightly if they're personally obliged to pay for it.

Associate
Glad I skipped the 4 this year... reports on support forums of them not reading the Freestyle Libre continuous glucose monitoring patches very well at all, around only 1 in 20 attempts at scanning (it uses NFC) working for most people, which for a blood sugar monitoring system us diabetics use, that's damn near useless. I always carry around the Libre reader as well, so I'm not running blind on my bloody sugars... current solution is for the sensor manufacturer Abbot to withdraw and block the app for Pixel 4 users, whilst they work out what's wrong and deploy a fix where possible. Looks like a few people are returning their phones as a result as well.

Still gonna keep an eye out though, and probably get a 4XL for herself when I can get rid of the horrible S10+!

Soldato
My phone has arrived! And wow I love it and I think being able to transfer data across from my old phone using the cable is an amazing feature/ idea!
Certainly useful but in fairness that is not exactly either a new feature or one exclusive to the Pixel. I have been transferring between phones via cable for years - or over wifi if you prefer. There's Samsung Smart Switch and the OnePlus Switcher apps for their respective phones.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Anyone else having issues with the latest version of Google Photo's and backing up? It started yesterday or the day before, Just sits there 'Getting ready to back up' but never actually backs up the most recent. Uninstalling updates seems to fix it, and it doesn't seem to be a problem on my old 2XL regardless of version used.

Just me or anyone else seen this?

This is still a problem for me. Running the app without any updates and it works fine, as soon as it updates it just still on 'getting ready'.

I take it it's just me?

My old 2XL and her 3 are fine.

Back
Top Bottom