AGM battery?

Caporegime
As per thread title, is this an AGM battery? QR code shows it to be 'dry cell' but that kind of doesn't help me as dry cell, to my knowledge, covers a number of types.

iojmXC.jpg

Caporegime
OP
@sja360 I found that too but nowhere on mine does it state AGM or anything related to it whereas all the ones I cam find online state whether it is or whether it's something else on the labelling.

Soldato
It needs coded either way I would just get an AGM battery.

I never realised until my mum’s went that you also get ELB batteries that sit in the middle. I just coded the car for an AGM battery when I swapped it seems to last better with the short trips my mum does.

Soldato
No, but it's for a recharge cycle - I need to know whether I can AGM it or stick to standard only.

On the older CTEK chargers the AGM mode was the cold weather mode so I would expect in the current cold weather a AGM recharge cycle will not impact a standard battery.

If the car has stop/start it will be an ELB or AGM.

Soldato
What age is the car and is it the original battery? In the early days of stop/start AGM batteries weren't labelled as such but as the tech was adopted on a larger scale the adoption of the markings became standard

Soldato
What age is the car and is it the original battery? In the early days of stop/start AGM batteries weren't labelled as such but as the tech was adopted on a larger scale the adoption of the markings became standard

Don’t think every manufacturer does my mum’s car is a 2016 model and the battery wasn’t marked with the type on it.

Back
Top Bottom