I don't understand these local "car meets"

Associate
In the summer me and my mate go to a regular (ish) meet in Milton Keynes, you see some nice/interesting cars sometimes, talk to some interesting people, its a nice way to spend a couple of hours on a summers evening. I dont bother when its dark and cold though.

me%20and%20dan%20mk.JPG

Associate
In the summer me and my mate go to a regular (ish) meet in Milton Keynes, you see some nice/interesting cars sometimes, talk to some interesting people, its a nice way to spend a couple of hours on a summers evening. I dont bother when its dark and cold though.

me%20and%20dan%20mk.JPG

That's local to me, i was a regular a few years ago. Police have been clamping down on it a lot recently in MK.

Soldato
Not sure why. It's better they be in empty carparks and industrial estates than messing around on the roads. You don't really see many people hooning it around anymore (not compared to years ago anyway), probably because these meets happen instead.

Soldato
Been to my fair share of these car meets, always something interesting to have a look at, see what cars are the latest fad.
The young guys always wanting a go at the Evo and giving me the odd surprise, getting shown a clean pair of heels from a Vauxhall Nova being one time that springs to mind :D

Associate
I’ve been to a PH meet, and it’s as you would expect.
A friendly bunch of people with a range of cars from the ordinary to the exotic, with a shared interest.

If you don’t like chatting about cars, you’d do something else with your time ;)

Caporegime
I’ve been to a PH meet, and it’s as you would expect.
A friendly bunch of people with a range of cars from the ordinary to the exotic, with a shared interest.

If you don’t like chatting about cars, you’d do something else with your time ;)

Do you not find there's a bit of a difference between that and a load of guys stood in a dark carpark at night around a load of corsas with 6 inch exhausts?

Associate
Dunno, I’ve never spent an evening with a load of guys stood in a dark carpark at night around a load of corsas with 6 inch exhausts.

Soldato
Do you not find there's a bit of a difference between that and a load of guys stood in a dark carpark at night around a load of corsas with 6 inch exhausts?

So long as they arent ragging their cars up and down the road making a nuisance of themselves, then I dont see much difference.

Back
Top Bottom