Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
Sounds like soft top ownership to me. After all, you chose them to be closer to the elements, right? :D

Conversely, I treated my CS to lovely Luxor indoor car cover from a company called Concours. Really nice material, breathable and fleece lined. The fit is really good too. Think it came top in a recent car cover test by Auto Express. Reasonable price, even compared to similar covers available via the PCGB with discount.

Perhaps a little over the top, but should protect the car from the m-i-l rooting around our garage for her golf clubs. Plus I've saved a few hundred quid by not using a company to store the car this winter.

Caporegime
@naefeart sounds like a pain in the butt to me! I can suggest possible locations but looking online a lot of people seem to suggest blocked drain lines. May have to stick it in maintenance mode this weekend and check.
Frustrated too as I can't garage it yet since the new house is still not ready. Was due originally at the start of October.

Could also just be infrequent use and low temperatures.

Soldato
@naefeart

Sounds like a plan, gets the cars protected. We just grabbed a few outdoor covers from Classic Additions which look rather nice and don't break the bank.

Still need to clean cars and put them on, although the Boxster is still being run around on fine warmer winter days.

Commissario
Finally got it sorted @Dis86

Went down to JZM today and they unblocked both the front and rear tubes, full of leaves and other rubbish - just need to get a dehumidifier in there to dry out the rear carpets!

Commissario
Got in the GTS this morning, windows frozen shut so opening the doors was fun, and the battery is flat - PCM works but just a click-click-click when trying to turn over :(

£99 later for a jump starter which is currently charging, hopefully it’ll do the job and get it going. Guess this is the price I pay for not using it regularly!

Associate
This is how I have my CTEK setup on the 991. On later Porsches the internal cig lighter connection gets disconnected by the computer after a few mins so cant be used.

Ive got a permanent CTEK connector on the battery which pokes out above the cover where the finger holes are. Then its just a matter of connecting the CTEK and closing the bonnet.

Efi6yh9.jpg

olv

olv

Soldato
h3dBBPB.jpg

I recently bought a mini Carerra GT... I mean old knackered Boxster. A couple of years ago now, I used to have a 987.2 pdk which I loved and fancied another Boxster. This is a manual 2.7, nothing special but I’m smitten again, they’re such brilliant cars and proper bargains now.

This has extended leather and I fitted a CarPlay headunit so it basically feels like an S class to me.

C8GAGYI.jpg
A6PhRjB.jpg

Soldato
Welcome back to the Boxster club. Like you say, they are cracking wee things and a pleasure to drive. Just need a carnewal exhaust on now to make her purr.

Need to fix the HU I put in as there's an annoying whine coming through the speakers (tone varying with RPM), so there's a grounding issue picking up alternator whine. Meh!

Also thought there was an issue at the front with a bad rattle at low speed. Checked the drunk and the spare wasn't screwed in tight! Cheapest fix ever, which is nice for a change :p

Soldato
I really do miss my old 911, and porsche have just opened up a new dealership across the road from where i work (in hull:eek:). Unsurprisingly most stuff out front is either a macan or a cayanne. I think they are missing a trick, not doing some from of medium 3 series-esk car. I quite like the panamera (4.8 turbo, i know shoot me:D), as i cant justify the price of a 911. I have kids so a boxster would be good, but i'd hardly use it, although ive seen some 986's going for under 5 grand:eek:.

Back
Top Bottom