Halo MCC - Halo 4 - 17th November

Soldato
I think this is one for the die hard fan. The music and the story's of each campaign are just amazing for me as I played the originals to death.

Soldato
Sounds like this is a low effort fast port.

The others have already all been remastered, though each one to varying extents. HALO 2 in the MCC looks fantastic and had a ton of work done to improve models, textures, lighting, the lot. e.g.

HALO 3 on the other hand was pretty much just a bump to 4K and call it a day...

Yeah its pretty basic oh well that is clearly why its free on XGP!! To be fair to MS they at least did bring this franchise to PC I do not see Sony ever doing the same for any of their PlayStation franchises somehow!!

Soldato
Anyone else having micro stutter? I'm running at 1440p on a 2080ti, I've got gsync enabled and vsync on in nvidia control panel (vsync to 144fps). In game, I've got vsync off and unlimited fps, yet it's micro stuttering constantly. It's not smooth at all. this was both in borderless and fullscreen mode on the highest graphics options.

Soldato
What’s the appeal of Halo?

I’ve never understood why this game is rated as highly as it is...

At the time of the first game, it was quite stunning graphics wise with fairly significant freedom of movement. You could also drive a variety of vehicles which was fairly groundbreaking too. The story was pretty decent as well.

Soldato
Anyone else having micro stutter? I'm running at 1440p on a 2080ti, I've got gsync enabled and vsync on in nvidia control panel (vsync to 144fps). In game, I've got vsync off and unlimited fps, yet it's micro stuttering constantly. It's not smooth at all. this was both in borderless and fullscreen mode on the highest graphics options.
Its locked to 60 FPS @ launch I think wait for them to unlock in a patch.

Or you can launch the mods allowed version which on XGP is called: Halo MCC Anti-Cheat Disabled (Mods and Limited Services) then mod away to your hearts content!

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/68777/halo-reach-pc-60fps-cap-launch/index.html

Soldato
At the time of the first game, it was quite stunning graphics wise with fairly significant freedom of movement. You could also drive a variety of vehicles which was fairly groundbreaking too. The story was pretty decent as well.
I think from a console gaming point of view, it set in stone how first person shooters should control on a controller. It was a game changer in that regard imo

Associate

Same Gsync, Ultrawide and uncapped frames, micro stutter city. Locking it to 60fps is slightly better but it's 100% not working correctly.

Soldato
Its locked to 60 FPS @ launch I think wait for them to unlock in a patch.

Or you can launch the mods allowed version which on XGP is called: Halo MCC Anti-Cheat Disabled (Mods and Limited Services) then mod away to your hearts content!

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/68777/halo-reach-pc-60fps-cap-launch/index.html

Same Gsync, Ultrawide and uncapped frames, micro stutter city. Locking it to 60fps is slightly better but it's 100% not working correctly.

I'll wait for the patch then, in no rush to play it

Caporegime
Got it working by running the Halo MCC anti-cheat disabled version from the windows 10 start menu.

Be sure you turn on 'Enhanced' graphics in the menu.

Actually look pretty decent in 4k on my OLED, if I'm honest.

Sem

Sem

Soldato

same for me 21:9 1440p 9900k Titan Xp getting like 120fps with like 30% gpu usage but the game "feels" like its running at 30fps

turned off vsync and used NVI to cap framerate to 120 no diff :rolleyes:

i was in the beta flights and it all worked fine back then... guess we need a patch or driver update

Associate
im havng fun on the mulitplayer and the game looks fine at 1440p, I expected it to look pretty much how it is, its a sharper version of the original it was never a remake, that said two things thats are peeing me off, the game feels like it has input lag, maybe its the servers? and the sound is AWFUL

Back
Top Bottom