The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Lunch today at Six By Nico, having the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. Was really nice. A novel twist this theme was the menu was edible, printed on rice paper with edible ink. Nice little touch :D

0Jpybv.jpg

psDC3R.jpg

Soldato
W9UodZ.jpg

First visit to Scran in over a month. This special was Moroccan spiced brisket with roast baby potatoes, butternut squash & honey purée, garlic & mint yogurt, topped with a poached egg and some pitta bread. Delicious! :)

Soldato
My girlfriends father gave me a woodcock to prep and cook the other day. I'd never prepped a bird before let alone a woodcock. Supposedly they are very sort after if you can find a place to buy them. Anyway, I roasted it and served it on toast which is traditional (although my variety not so much!) with a gravy made from the juices, offal and some stock.

Before and after pictures...
RxPKmtn.jpg
PYJ2wg5.jpg

Associate
My girlfriends father gave me a woodcock to prep and cook the other day. I'd never prepped a bird before let alone a woodcock. Supposedly they are very sort after if you can find a place to buy them. Anyway, I roasted it and served it on toast which is traditional (although my variety not so much!) with a gravy made from the juices, offal and some stock.

Before and after pictures...

Sure it tastes very nice at least :p

Soldato
Sure it tastes very nice at least :p

Bird on toast is a new one for me!

looks a bit grim :p

it looks like you roasted the head you were only supposed to blow ... ... is that the beak ?
why's it so dark ?

I thought it'd get some interesting responses :D

With woodcock you roast it whole, innards and everything. The head was on there just for show, the brain is supposedly a delicacy so the head was removed from the plate and chopped shortly after.

The gravy was likely so dark as the offal is in it and it has the juices in it. It was a first attempt so I no doubt could do it better a second time haha.

It was certainly an experience 'dealing' with it though.

Soldato
quU0f8.jpg

Got a lift home from work and the driver suggested going to McDonalds. No arguments from me :D

Got a couple of double cheeseburgers, 3 piece chicken select with sweet curry dip and a medium Fanta. Yummy!

Soldato
Nice one Craig. :)

I'm at Pizza Hut with a friend spending a gift token. We're having the buffet of unlimited pizza and salad and unlimited drinks. Followed by Smores choc chip cookie dough with choc sauce and ice cream. :)

20191203-144019.jpg

20191203-144301.jpg

20191203-153826.jpg

Soldato
I went away with some friends at the weekend and we all love food and some of us love cooking it too.

Friday - I made baked salmon with dill and lemon. Steamed new potatoes and green beans. Braised fennel.
PEeY8STh.jpg

Starting Friday my friend made the beef stock for the Pho we were having on Saturday.
oLp4W9Vh.jpg

It cooked for about 14-16 hours and then assembled with the other ingredients.
cXGM1mmh.jpg

Sunday morning is the mandatory fry up.
lNLmITLh.jpg

Sunday evening yet another friend who is awesome at pastry and pies made a slow cooked lamb pie which was divine.
I did smoked roasted garlic mash, steamed tender-stem broccoli, and maple glazed carrots.
qqOOMRwh.jpg

Saturday-Sunday I also made an apple crumble.
6v8yGRNl.jpg
uGJivuvl.jpg

We also had pastries and croissants on Saturday morning. Some ham and cheese sandwiches while on a walk Saturday afternoon, and a bunch of snacks and Quality Street. :D

Soldato
cooking in someone elses kitchen is always a challenge .
I pre-stew the apples for a crumble, friends uwave them , one of the too few, uwave benefits, imhop; thick crumble topping - yum.

... where has Raymond Lin gone ? .... no photo for a couple of months

Soldato
I went away with some friends at the weekend and we all love food and some of us love cooking it too.

Friday - I made baked salmon with dill and lemon. Steamed new potatoes and green beans. Braised fennel.
PEeY8STh.jpg

Starting Friday my friend made the beef stock for the Pho we were having on Saturday.
oLp4W9Vh.jpg

It cooked for about 14-16 hours and then assembled with the other ingredients.
cXGM1mmh.jpg

Sunday morning is the mandatory fry up.
lNLmITLh.jpg

Sunday evening yet another friend who is awesome at pastry and pies made a slow cooked lamb pie which was divine.
I did smoked roasted garlic mash, steamed tender-stem broccoli, and maple glazed carrots.
qqOOMRwh.jpg

Saturday-Sunday I also made an apple crumble.
6v8yGRNl.jpg
uGJivuvl.jpg

We also had pastries and croissants on Saturday morning. Some ham and cheese sandwiches while on a walk Saturday afternoon, and a bunch of snacks and Quality Street. :D

Can I be your friend, please? :D

Back
Top Bottom