Monitor checking service?

Associate
is there some sort of service that checks the monitor for you beforehand? like some charge a 10 euro checking service,incase there is dead pixels

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Yes, there is a company that does this, for a fee... if you search 'Quality Check For Your Monitor' you'll find it. I'm not sure I'd bother though... the far bigger problem with monitors is bleed/glow... you'll notice that FAR more than a lone stuck pixel at the corner of the screen, and I highly doubt any monitor check will consider it a fault given so many monitors exhibit it. Especially as it's mostly only a problem in darker scenes. I guess if you know you'll never be watching movies or only playing bright colourful games like Fortnight, it won't matter... but that's probably unlikely in most cases.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, there is a company that does this, for a fee... if you search 'Quality Check For Your Monitor' you'll find it. I'm not sure I'd bother though... the far bigger problem with monitors is bleed/glow... you'll notice that FAR more than a lone stuck pixel at the corner of the screen, and I highly doubt any monitor check will consider it a fault given so many monitors exhibit it. Especially as it's mostly only a problem in darker scenes. I guess if you know you'll never be watching movies or only playing bright colourful games like Fortnight, it won't matter... but that's probably unlikely in most cases.
Agree, especially on cheap monitors.

Soldato
I would 100% pay it if such a service was available. I have paid it before on another website but the service has since been stopped (I wonder why :rolleyes:).

QA on monitors is generally atrocious, as I’ve found out over the many I’ve had to have returned and or exchanged in the past due to dead pixels, dust, blb etc.

Yes, there is a company that does this, for a fee... if you search 'Quality Check For Your Monitor' you'll find it. I'm not sure I'd bother though... the far bigger problem with monitors is bleed/glow...

Thanks, I haven’t seen a service like it until searching exactly what you described. I’ll be looking at purchasing it in the future. Too much hassle, I’ve just gone through returning another monitor due to a dust piece the size of the mouse cursor.

If id have known I’d rather have paid a little extra to have it checked over and ensured that all is fine.

Last edited:
Associate
is there some sort of service that checks the monitor for you beforehand? like some charge a 10 euro checking service,incase there is dead pixels

Just buy from The Rainforest. They have a no-quibble, free replacement service.Just keep trying until you get a good one. My old ASUS: took three attempts. My new LG27GL850: right first time. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom