• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What is the best bang for buck cpu? upgrade from i7 3770k

Soldato
yeah a 3700x would be a reaaly good cpu, however if your on a budget then a 2700x and a x470 would be the best bang for buck, later down the line you could always do a bios flash and drop in a 3rd gen ryzen for some extra grunt if needed.

gpu wise your vega 56 is a solid card for 1080/1440p so no real need yet to change it, if you're looking for better fps can i ask what you're getting now?
most people here run the nvidia 2070 super / amd 5700xt, but it comes down to your moniter, if you have gsync then go nvidia, if you have a freesync moniter then amd would be the best choice.

if you want to overhal your pc then be prepared to spend some dosh, but carefully looking at what you do will help save some cash in the end

hope this helps

Associate
There is a reason why both the Ryzen 3600 and 3700x are selling like hotcakes these days and a majority of those buyers are probably coming from the old Sandy, Ivy, Haswell and Broadwell generation.
The 3700X for example has double the cores and threads compared to your 3770K while doing so with lower power requirements and better IPC, so I would say that's a nice upgrade for a 3770K user.

Associate
OP
Thank you so much guys, really appreciate it!
I am using a 32' 1440p freesync 144hz monitor.

Just struggling between 3600 and 3700x, the FPS difference between them are not that much but 3700x costs almost double.
However, 3700x has 2 more cores and looks like it is more future proof.

Also, could you guys please recommend a good value motherboard / RAM?
I only do some basic OC.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!! :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Given how long you held onto the 3770K i assume you're looking for long term performance?

3700X/
This. But if you are not against swapping out CPU’s in say 3 years then I still think getting a 3600 now and selling that and adding a little on top for a 4700x in 3 years would be a better choice.

Associate
Best bang for buck would be the 3600 with a B450 board, you can then upgrade in a couple of years time to the new AMD platform, AM5 which could ome out in 2021. If you don't like the sound of selling stuff then it may make sense to get the 3700x which would last you longer before needing an upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom