Wall-mounting 55” to 65”

Man of Honour
Hey,

Really quick question, my Google fu is failing me. If I have a 55” TV wall mounted now and upgrade to a 65”, when I mount that, will the centre of the TV still be at the same level or will the TV be higher up the wall?

That might be a stupid question at the logical answer is the tv would go higher up, but I’m wonder if those 10” are all around the tv as opposed to just going up if that makes sense

Thanks in advance for anyone that can make sense of my rambling

Associate
It will depend on the mount. Often there are different holes which can give a degree of height alteration. I’m now sure all TVs have their vesa mount holes in same position either so it’s probably very hard to give definite answer

Man of Honour
OP
It will depend on the mount. Often there are different holes which can give a degree of height alteration. I’m now sure all TVs have their vesa mount holes in same position either so it’s probably very hard to give definite answer

Thanks. Probably would help if I put tv model, it’s a C7 to a C9 so hopefully they’d be in the same or very similar positions

Man of Honour
The centre can end up higher, lower or in the same place. Presuming that the TVs mount holes are in the same place on each set, then where the bracket mounts to the wall above the centreline of the TV, then the new TV will hang lower. If the wall mount is lower than the centreline, then the TV will be higher.

Man of Honour
OP
The centre can end up higher, lower or in the same place. Presuming that the TVs mount holes are in the same place on each set, then where the bracket mounts to the wall above the centreline of the TV, then the new TV will hang lower. If the wall mount is lower than the centreline, then the TV will be higher.

Thanks :) I think I should be ok then as it's one of those ultra-slim mounts so should be above the centre line

Soldato
Thanks. Probably would help if I put tv model, it’s a C7 to a C9 so hopefully they’d be in the same or very similar positions
One the big reasons why I choose my 65" Sony AF9 OLED was because the wall mounts where in roughly the same place as the 50" pioneer plasma I had on the wall before so I would not have to drill new holes..

I think the LG OLED wall mounts are set very low on the back of the TV (Last year LG OLED models were)

Back of LG C9
zN7CNmF.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom