Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
I believe so, I see eggs getting laid and stuck all over my tank in amongst the rocks etc I have. It's a community tank so maybe it's that but it's only a few neon tetra and 2 Cory's and a zebra snail. Shrimp are far more active since the betta died the other week.

Could try the ro water I guess

You absolutely do not need RO water.

Cherry shrimp are prolific breeders, they go at it like guppies. All you really need is males and females, decent water quality, shelter/hiding places and food.

Fish can pick off the ‘babies’ but they have loads at a time, it takes about a month in total. You should be able to identify females easily, they are much larger than the males. It can take a few months to get going but once it does they should self sustain their population.

The eggs being dropped around the tank are from the snail.

Soldato
Water hardness doesn't make as much difference as some people claim. As long as it isn't changing all the time.

Fish which supposedly need soft water (according to the internet) live fine in the UK's very hard water.

Soldato
Hi all

I am closing my tank down and wanted to give all my corals and fish to someone else who might want them.
Its about 18 corals of medium to small size and big one. Yellow tang, purple tang of medium size and one picasso clownfish medium size.

2 x sexy shrimp and 1 fire shrimp

I want them to go to someone who has experience with marine fish and someone who has a quarantine tank.

I have someone who is interested in the whole lot but i need these gone ASAP and if they dont get back to me tonight then i would rather
someone else pick them up this week. You would have to come pick these up from central london area and you will have to catch the fish.

There is also 25kg of live rock.

everything is for free only if you have experience with marine tanks and have quarantine tank ready. The fish have no illness because i treated them prophylactic but have lost their natural immunity to illness. I would advise a someone who has a quarantine procedure in place for adding fish to take them, ie you have quarantines everything you add to your tank. These fish are drag and drop basically into such a tank.

message me here.

you should have a minimum 5ft tank for the tangs, I want them to go to a good home
Where abouts are you?

Soldato
southside yeah?

what did the fish have as youve treated them?

They did not have anything, I treated them prophylactic, meaning I treated without any signs of illness present.

I followed a quarantine procedure employed in larger public aquariums.

It was 9 month quarantine procedure.

Hyposalinity to treat marine ich aka white ich
malachite Green for Brook and velvet
praziquentel and lavimasole for broad spectrum deworming including black ich.

this was 8 years ago and the fish have no issues since then.

yeah southside about 5 minutes walk from Waterloo Station.

Soldato
That's a shame, I'm basically ready for corals. I set up my reactor last weekend and should imagine my phosphate levels are around the 0.03ppm mark by now. They only had to come down a couple of points.

I tell you what if nobody wants the whole lot, then you can have all the corals without taking the fish. I would prefer someone come and take everything together it would save me a lot of headache.

But ill make an exception, if by tonight nobody comes for the corals and fish. You can have all the corals ok.

i don't mind even saving you one or two pieces even if someone does come for everything. Since you are setting up new i would like to help you out a little. A christmas preset lol

choose what you like and ill save it, i would leave the sps stuff and take hammer coral or duncan corals.

I have to be honest the corals are sulking a little because i have not been able to keep up with the upkeep of the tank and because they are in a very small quarantine tank its hard to keep parameters stable. So i need them gone to save them from dying.

how big is your tank?

Soldato
My tank is a 4ft dd reefpro 1200. I'm fully stocked fish wise.

2 Mocha Clownfish
1 Yellow Tang
1 Purple Tang
1 tiny Lamarck's Angel
2 Ruby Dragonets
10 Lyretail Anthias

I was only really gonna add SPS and a Duncan tbh.

Soldato
OK Noobcannon you can everything except the two SPS and the Duncan there is still lots there to pick up.

rebel-rebel like I promised you can have the Duncan and the 2 SPS corals.

when can you gentlemen Come to pick up?

You will need to bring container or little plastic bags to put the corals in separately.

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone want the purple tang, yellow tang and clown fish. They are in perfect health.

I don't want to return them to the LFS they don't treat fish well there.

London zoo won't take them as they closed their exhibit atm.

The London aquarium wont take them either, they have met their display quotas. whatever that means

and I don't want lfs to take them they treat their animals not right.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone want the purple tang, yellow tang and clown fish. They are in perfect health.

I don't want to return them to the LFS they don't treat fish well there.

London zoo won't take them as they closed their exhibit atm.

The London aquarium wrong take them either.

and I don't want lfs to take them they treat their animals not right.

i would take the tangs and shrimp.

me and rebel are unfortunatly struggling to arrange a day to come up (we know each other)

will be back in touch

Back
Top Bottom