Black Friday delivery delays! Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hi,
Anyone else had an email saying your order will be delayed due to the Black Friday sales?
It’s not like OCUK have never had a Black Friday deal before, or were’nt geared up for it, surely?
I chose to buy from here over the rainforest because delivery is a bit more reliable.
Sadly this has backfired on me, as I needed my order tomorrow which now seems unlikely.
I can accept that stuff happens, but pretty disappointed that one of the internet’s “best” Tech etailers has fallen short, especially when Black Friday and cyber Mondays were originally marketed at technology deals.
They’d better compensate by overdosing me with haribo’s, dammit!

Associate
Is the issue at Overclockers? As in, they're the ones stalling the process? Due to Black Friday sales? Or is the delivery companies swamped and that's causing the stall? The Rainforest is always swamped during these busy periods on their delivery slots.

Soldato
Waiting on an order from yesterday, which should have been here today.

No sign of dispatch today, despite the fact I called and asked the question this morning......

Soldato
I placed two orders with OcUK last week and both were delayed, with no communication to let me know.

It wasn't couriers, they just weren't dispatched on time.

Soldato
We didn't do any work today because we were all drinking booze and eating cakes in the office. Maybe they just had one of those days, everyone does right?

Soldato
OP
Kind of glad I ain’t the only one, as I didn’t want to sound like a moaning diva.
But they really ought to have had a handle on this. If they try and blame the courier, they certainly can’t blame the lack of communication on anyone but themselves.
I am disappoint OCUK.

Soldato
OP
We didn't do any work today because we were all drinking booze and eating cakes in the office. Maybe they just had one of those days, everyone does right?
Of course we do mate, but they are accountable and they have to take the rough with the smooth.
Ironically I didn’t think their Black Friday deals were much to shout about this year. Seemed better last year. But maybe it just seemed that way.

Associate
I placed two orders with OcUK last week and both were delayed, with no communication to let me know.

It wasn't couriers, they just weren't dispatched on time.

Of course we do mate, but they are accountable and they have to take the rough with the smooth.
Ironically I didn’t think their Black Friday deals were much to shout about this year. Seemed better last year. But maybe it just seemed that way.

Cool, we've confirmed it's not the couriers then. Now no one can divert attention away unnecessarily over logical points. :)

Allow me to hand you a pitchfork. Would you like that lit or unlit? ;)

I'll add that a Rainforest cabinet I ordered was supposed to have arrived today as well, but it's arriving tomorrow instead. Although I have been kept in the loop throughout on the delivery side of things, I don't know who was the cause of the delay though, the Rainforest or the Courier in my case. Thankfully it's not an issue in my case of delivery, but certainly can be annoying for those who have timed things up properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom