BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
It doesn't take much for a car to look abused I had a courtesy X3 with just over 1k on the clock that had key marks down both sides, a ding in the drivers door, a kerbed alloy and damaged trim in the boot. Most car owners don't notice or care about dings and minor marks.

Soldato
Well now you moved the goalposts from 30k to 50k ;) I see your point, but apart from potholes where maybe you could damage hard to see parts, you're not really more likely to damage your car rather than someone who babies it.

But what do I know, I put my brand new bimmer through automatic car washes. Probably a shed now ;)

I’ll move the goalposts again actually - thinking about it I reckon a sufficiently poor driver (my grandfather springs to mind) could ruin a car in under 10k. Nothing wrong with automatic car washes - swirls or minor scratches wouldn’t put me off buying a car, but a careless owner definitely would.

Caporegime
I’ll move the goalposts again actually - thinking about it I reckon a sufficiently poor driver (my grandfather springs to mind) could ruin a car in under 10k. Nothing wrong with automatic car washes - swirls or minor scratches wouldn’t put me off buying a car, but a careless owner definitely would.
I’ve seen trucks trashed within weeks of going on the road, burnt out clutches, bodywork damage on practically every panel, suspension damage etc the list is endless and a truck is built - to a degree - to withstand such abuse metered out by supposedly “professional” drivers and are certainly built to take far more punishment than any car.

That a non professional car driver can wreck it in a short space of time wouldn’t surprise me one bit!

Soldato
pics this weekend.

car is great. getting android to work was a pain. not fully operational, but good enough.

had to enable 1.6 avrcp in dev tools on the phone for audio music to work.

problem initially was that I could start music via the phone and it would play through car. I could then stop music, and browse music. That is all. Play would not work, and if I selected a song via browse it may work 1 in 5 times.

Seems to all work now. Start car, select media, select 1+ and boom music starts playing.

No cover art. But I can live with that.

Appears there is no BMW Apps on this car with Android. I connect via the cable and am greeted to "install Connected Drive App" message via idrive. App is already installed. :(

Still not too bothered about that.

Man of Honour
You need to start the app and make sure the car is added correctly and 'paired' via the vin. It's not very reliable but does work.

There are no android apps of value that are compatible with BMW Apps Interface on the F10.

I had to get an iPhone to run in the centre console for that.

Soldato
Folks, I'm completely out of touch with BMW spec and option packs. Can someone explain in layman's terms what the difference is between these below? Ta. :cool:

330e.jpg

Soldato
You need to start the app and make sure the car is added correctly and 'paired' via the vin. It's not very reliable but does work.
Yeah. All done. I can flash lights, GPS locate, ventilate etc. But not get mileage etc. Says I need to use the connected apps.

It's that bit that doesn't work at all.

Man of Honour
Yeah. All done. I can flash lights, GPS locate, ventilate etc. But not get mileage etc. Says I need to use the connected apps.

It's that bit that doesn't work at all.

You have to use a cable connection to update mileage and range.

It's therefore useless. And even with a cable doesn't work most of the time.

Man of Honour
Folks, I'm completely out of touch with BMW spec and option packs. Can someone explain in layman's terms what the difference is between these below? Ta.
trim-wise, from cheapest to most expensive:
se -> sport -> msport

and presumably...
pro = professional media package
plus = msport plus package
tech = tech package

Soldato
You have to use a cable connection to update mileage and range.

It's therefore useless. And even with a cable doesn't work most of the time.
Thanks. Good to know.

I will stop knowing it wasn't that I was defeated.

Tbf, none of that interests me.

I'm thinking run flats on 19" alloys are not the most comfortable of rides possible for an f10.

Man of Honour
i thought the turanza is/was supposed to have a nicer ride than the potenza?
i found the potenza okay for ride and noise personally

Back
Top Bottom