Feek's broken arm thread (now with plate, pins and screws x-ray, staples/wound and tongue surgery)

Soldato
Did something very similar 20 odd years ago.
Still living at my parents then and I was late so I started to run home (no alcohol involved). Tripped over some bin bags in the dark and scraped my face and knackered my shoulder. My parents thought I had been in a fight and didn't believe me.

No break but my shoulder still clicks to this day (my jaw seems to be okay).

You have my sympathies for your ouchie...

Soldato
Colleague of mine did practically the same thing a few years back but unfortunately by chance hit his head on a small stone that was just sat in the pavement where he fell, it killed him outright. :(

It’s unfortunate for you mate but fundamentally your ok and it could have been far worse.
Reminds me of a time a few years ago I was at a party about age 18 or 19, had had a few beers and went to get something from the car. It was really icy outside and I slipped over, one of those times when you end up on your back before you know you've even fallen, and my head ended up right next to a low stone bollard that my head/neck could easily have landed on in a similar way to your colleague. Could be the closest I've come to death.

bol

bol

Associate
I had a broken leg that was a 6 week mend......took 6months!

Itwas a bad spiral fracture though.

Soldato
I shattered my ulna bone in my arm, replaced with metal bar, was off for 3 months, Dr told me to take 4, but had enough of sitting around at home

Soldato
Any break that's expected to unite with 6 weeks in a sling is not a 'very bad break' :D. Glad prognosis is good.

I can also add that this is definately a "very bad break" . The reason it's kept in a sling is to keep the arm hanging so it can align correctly. Gravity is important so a cast doesn't really work here.

I'm nearly 4 months after my broken humerus and although it's manageable it's nowhere near fully functional again.

Associate
Just to add I fell over and cracked the bone in the same place as your break. I was out of action for a similar amount of time.

Get on the phone to your local cricket team and ask who their physio is. Go and see him asap for advice. The one in Chelmsford was £30-35 /hr. These guys deal with shoulder injuries all the time. Based on my experiences I would suggest you look at experts in rehab due to the importance of the joint.

edit:- Having done a course of treatment, starting 1-2 weeks post damage. I now have pain free full use of the joint.

Permabanned
Yes, just seen this sorry to hear of your accident Feek! I had a dog take a good bite of my arm a few years back and later found it had fractured mywrist, it was painful for a couple of months but bar a few scars all good now. Not as painful as another bite that severed an artery and damaged some nerves in the same arm though, dogs always seem to like my left arm for whatever reason :) Same with the old hooter, when I was younger and more pugnacious I always ended up with my nose being bust to the left, no one ever seemed to land a good punch from the other side <LOL> Hope you heal up fast and are back to normal soon, take care.

bite1.jpg

bite2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom