• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS STRIX 2080Ti WHITE EDITION - WILL IT BE A WHITE CHRISTMAS?

Associate
You like buying overpriced cards?

Don't get me wrong the strix are good cards but they are usually stupidly priced in comparison to others to th epoint you are literally setting fire to money by buying one.

dont mean to burst your bubble but actually got a good deal on my last strix and then this one too. Sure I could have gotten one slightly cheaper but 'supposedly' the strix cooler is better noise and temps - I plan to flash it to an xt bios well attempt too, see how it goes.

Caporegime
dont mean to burst your bubble but actually got a good deal on my last strix and then this one too. Sure I could have gotten one slightly cheaper but 'supposedly' the strix cooler is better noise and temps - I plan to flash it to an xt bios well attempt too, see how it goes.

I don't care it's your money you can do what you want with it. I have a mate at work who buys strix cards only too. he doesn't care about money. he's spent £10k on tv's in the past 3-4 years for example.

his pc total cost was like £4K. he bought 2 x strix 1080ti's in SLI.

as for better cooler and better temps that is highly debatable. it's good but it's not worth the money IMO. my GPU runs at 65C under load. i don't think it really matters if a strix could knock a degree or two off. it's more than cool enough already.

Soldato
You like buying overpriced cards?

Don't get me wrong the strix are good cards but they are usually stupidly priced in comparison to others to th epoint you are literally setting fire to money by buying one.

To be fair it's not always a bad deal if you shop around. I got a Strix OC 1080Ti from the members market when it was less than a month old for £630 over 2 years ago. It's still working perfectly.

OcUK Staff
OP
We have now pre-sold 14 units of these already, as I thought, it will be very popular but a main reason is because it is so highly binned as this card is likely to boost around 2100MHz out the box, as such many of buying for said reason and the price will only get higher as the stock runs shorter as this is a limited edition and the fact were getting 30 units on Monday is staggering, so thank you Asus for supporting OcUK.

Caporegime
We have now pre-sold 14 units of these already, as I thought, it will be very popular but a main reason is because it is so highly binned as this card is likely to boost around 2100MHz out the box, as such many of buying for said reason and the price will only get higher as the stock runs shorter as this is a limited edition and the fact were getting 30 units on Monday is staggering, so thank you Asus for supporting OcUK.

High earners will always be in the market for the absolute best but I doubt many of your target market spend time browsing forums though.

As for these being binned does that then mean we should avoid all of asus's other cards?

OcUK Staff
OP
High earners will always be in the market for the absolute best but I doubt many of your target market spend time browsing forums though.

As for these being binned does that then mean we should avoid all of asus's other cards?

Well judging by this forum most of you avoid Asus cards anyway. ;)

Associate

Less than one year from now, the PS5 and XBOX Series consoles will make this kind of pricing for a graphics card a complete joke (if it isn't already.)

Still, at least you'll have sold them all by then! :)

Soldato
Less than one year from now, the PS5 and XBOX Series consoles will make this kind of pricing for a graphics card a complete joke (if it isn't already.)

Still, at least you'll have sold them all by then! :)

A 2080Ti will still be significantly quicker than ps5 and the new Xbox. Which will likely be using some variant of a 5700 and will still be priced at what £500?

Pricing won’t change just as the Xbx and ps pro haven’t changed current gen pricing.

The only thing that will, is for AMD to release a card which competes with the top end.

Associate
A 2080Ti will still be significantly quicker than ps5 and the new Xbox. Which will likely be using some variant of a 5700 and will still be priced at what £500?

Pricing won’t change just as the Xbx and ps pro haven’t changed current gen pricing.

The only thing that will, is for AMD to release a card which competes with the top end.

I think you missed my point..

There is currently a significant gap between what I decent PC can produce and the current gen consoles; that to some extent justifies the large price differences.

But when PS5 and XBOX X Series hit, they will deliver a very, very good gaming experience that is more than likely to be more than enough for most people - especially as the games will be designed around them as time goes on.

That, to me at least, means the situation will have changed significantly from what we have today, hence making it much harder to justify the current insane prices of Nvidia's high-end cards (and I'm saying that as a 1080ti owner.. :))

EDIT: Just realised that this is probably the wrong thread for this debate. Let's just park it and see what happens once the new consoles hit. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom