What are you buying the other half for Christmas?

Soldato
We decided not to bother with presents as we generally buy the things we want for ourselves throughout the year. We booked a holiday in January instead for some Winter sun.

Caporegime
A stupidly overpriced but never the less sublime Surface Studio 2 28" Intel® Core™ i7 GTX 1070 All-in-One PC. I gave it to her in the summer early so come xmas she will be getting nothing from me.

Caporegime
Oh I know, but, it's a gift for her and it's free. takes 30 mins max and it'll keep in you her good books each day because you've said something nice each morning without having to actually bother all years ;)

30 minutes to write 366 things? Thats 4.91 seconds per thing. I would need waaaaay longer than that. If I started now I might be finsihed by xmas :p

Associate
i have absolutely no idea what to get my wife this year :(

I bought her a new Tea Pot as a small gift from our daughter (its one of those loose tea infusion types) she saw one at a cafe she liked and i managed to track down the exact same brand.

Caporegime
Let’s be honest, you bought that for yourself :p

Lol nope, dont need it (see my sig) but when setting it up for her I must admit that 28" hi res touchscreen is pretty damn impressive and I was (slightly) jealous.

Since I set it up, I havent used it at all. She loves it to pieces though especially when she is doing her creative stuff :)

Soldato
What me and my girlfriend have done for the past seventeen years is to buy our own presents and then hand them over to one another, to wrap up and stick under the Christmas tree. You couldn't possibly imagine the anticipation before we open gifts from one another Christmas morning.:D

It's also her Birthday Boxing day.

Last edited:
Soldato
What me and my girlfriend have done for the past seventeen years is to buy our own presents and then hand them over to one another, to wrap up and stick under the Christmas tree. You couldn't possibly imagine the anticipation before we open gifts from one another Christmas morning.:D
Well that seems sad. Where is the fun and fear in thinking you've wasted your time and money in buying something you think she might like?

Associate
We haven't bought each other presents for about 7 years (been together 12) we usually have a short European break in winter instead. Haven't planned anything this year yet due to illness in the family, though.

Caporegime
We haven't bought each other presents for about 7 years (been together 12) we usually have a short European break in winter instead. Haven't planned anything this year yet due to illness in the family, though.

We are the same. Mostly spoil the kids but they get so much through the year they don't really want for anything at Christmas. Daughter got a brand new phone and desktop PC for her birthday this year and has pretty much everything else.

I bought my missus a Fire HD 8 mainly just because our old Nexus 7 packed up and we have a 3 month old so will be handy for her whilst she is feeding and can relax a little.

Back
Top Bottom