**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
What I quite liked from the video about cockpits is how there is a procedure checklist (like in FSX), but it is actually tied to the instruments so it can either a) auto complete the tasks, b) guide you through them or c) simply act as a reminder. That's something that really would have helped me when learning how to get a 747 going from cold and dark.

That's it yeah. Looks pretty awesome.

Associate
I've registered as an insider, completed the survey and uploaded my DirectX diagnostic data. My PC is quite old, so not sure if it will be of interest. I am about to re-build around a Ryzen 3900X with a new GPU though. So happy that this sim is in development. I've been using P3D for a number of years.

Associate
No idea on release other than "2020".

What's been shown so far has been described as "pre-alpha" and sending that out to testers has been delayed by over a month so far due to an issue with compiling the latest build (we believe it's finally been sent out, at least in a phased manner). Once feedback is collected, acted upon and a new build compiled, it will go out to a second round of testing. Will it still be considered a pre-alpha, and alpha or a beta by then, who knows? Assuming a further round of fixing, recompiling, etc. happens and then another round of testing. Then there's the final touch ups, regionalising, preparing for distribution, marketing wind-up, etc. It will likely all take quite some time, hence they've not specified a half or quarter for 2020. The only thing in its favour is that it's supported by Microsoft, but then again there are a number of cross department dependencies (Bing maps, Azure AI and distribution, Asobo, etc.).

So if you expect it to be released right at the squeeky end of 2020 and it comes earlier, we can all be pleasantly surprised.

Associate
Looking forward to hearing how you get on. Got my fingers crossed I'll make Alpha 2 having been rejected for this first one.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
That is just on another level. Can’t wait for the final release. You guys thing 16gb RAM will be enough?

My instinctive reaction would be "probably not". However, as I understand it, it will also be available for the next generation Xbox, so they might well have included a focus on minimising system resource usage.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
VR support is on their road map. Makes you wonder why they didn't include it in the first place (too resource hungry to drive VR?)

Probably the Xbox mindset, i.e. why they didn't release a competitor to the PSVR. Clearly something of an oversight.
It'll be interesting to understand their genuine expectation of release date for VR support and updated system requirements to run it.

Soldato
Yeah it's game pass at launch from my understanding.

Looks blooming fantastic, been following along since the reveal... Can't wait to get stuck in with it!

Very happy that they are looking to add VR support after the outcry but it's going to be a GPU melter in VR for sure! Seems like a good excuse for big navi/3080Ti next year ;)

Re the ram I've read that 16gb is fine but they do recommend 32gb to the current testers. The preview machines have all been running 2080Tis and 32gb ram (can't remember CPU but probably 9900k given the rest of the hardware).

Back
Top Bottom