**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
The s10e comes in 6/128 and 8/256. S10 and S10+ come in 8/128 and 8/512.

There's also a ceramic back S10+ with 12/1tb. And the 5G has 8/256 I think.

Associate
The s10e comes in 6/128 and 8/256. S10 and S10+ come in 8/128 and 8/512.

There's also a ceramic back S10+ with 12/1tb. And the 5G has 8/256 I think.

What I thought. On Vodafone website it says S10 64gb. Not that I had any interest in actually taking up the offer. I was in town this afternoon as the Mrs's birthday at weekend. Had a look in Vodafone shop (as there were plenty in there and was in no danger of being pounced on :D). Pixel 4 not a bad size if ou want smaller. S10 doesn't seem all that smaller than the S10+. Large screens easy to read but a pain to use with one hand. So basically no Idea what I want...

I've had an S9+ since April 2018 and battery seems to be wearing well. According to Accubattery app capacity is at 3070mAh now and was reported at 3200 ish when new. Accubattery may not be accurate but after a year and a half of charging to full every night I've not really noticed a decline in capacity. I've managed to crack the rear glass even though in a Mous case. It got pressured in my pocket. Fella locally replaced it last time for £20 so not a big deal. It can stay as it is until I decide to sell it.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Anyone played around with Dex for desktop? Finally got round to having a go and it's quite neat. Similar principle to the previous Dex Dock before Samsung removed the need for the dock entirely. Just a USB cable does the job now. Resolution scales too and it rather nice although most IM apps and things all have web-app interfaces now anyway so you get a full experience on your desktop browser. This is really for those who use their phone as a desktop/laptop on the go. Kinda like what LG (or was it Asus) tried years ago with a docking phone inside a skeleton laptop.

Various other features like host vs client file sharing and clipboard data etc but not ventured too deep.

An hour of playing around later and the novelty has elapsed. I probably won't use it again :p

SamsungDex.jpg

Funny thing is on first launch, Gmail had a dark theme. Close and open again and it reverts to the light theme.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I guess people who are on the go a lot and don't want to carry a laptop around. The office range of apps are fully supported and everything resumes where you left off when you reconnect Dex the next time as it's in its own OS environment which is pretty cool I guess. Adobe apps also fully support a desktop environment as well as many others.

Soldato
One place I used Dex (rightly or wrongly) was at work. I have a triple monitor setup which is excessive to say the least however our work PC's are fairly locked down, as you would expect. So I hook my phone up to one of the monitors and hey presto full screen procrastinating :D

Associate
Good job - I was semi tempted by that offer even if I had to live with yellow. Prob would put a case on anyway. Vodafone had black Friday offer, max speed, unlimited everything and S10 for £36. The S10 was 64gb and 6gb of mem. Never realized there was a lessor model - thought they were 128 or 512gb?

Turns out I'm an imbacile :rolleyes: The offer was for S9 and not an S10, so that is why it was 64gb and looked cheap.

Soldato
Got my upgrade this morning. All seems good so far, not had any problems with any apps. But seems so much slower downloading random stuff over 4G. Could be a local issue with Vodafone, will have to check again later tonight.

I bought 10+ handset at launch sim free from Argos.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
There are a number of small new features in OneUI 2 that once again improve the overall Android experience. A few have been talked about on reddit today such as haptic feedback when in the camera and you press the camera shutter button and also intelligent screenshot cropping: https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/e5i43g/useful_new_feature_on_ui_20_when_you_screenshot/

There's gonna be a whole bunch more that have bee undocumented officially as I found a couple in recent months as Samsung has put them in with the usual monthly security updates.

IMO OneUI has surpassed the UX and feature experience of any other Android phone. It's on level with iOS now but with way more features and control. No other Android skin/UX comes close.

Last edited:
Associate
Android 10 just downloading too, will get a better chance to check it out tomorrow.
Approx 2GB of download, all installed fine and getting used to some changes as I find them.
S10+ bought direct from Samsung on Vodafone.

Last edited:
Associate
Wonder how long it'll be before us carrier locked plebs see our update.

I still think it takes way too long for these updates compared to any other smartphone manufacturer, but hopefully its worth the wait.

Associate
Wonder how long it'll be before us carrier locked plebs see our update.

I still think it takes way too long for these updates compared to any other smartphone manufacturer, but hopefully its worth the wait.

I flashed Vodafone firmware of an S9 to enable VoLTE and notice security updates are about a month behind. Big OS update, who knows.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Other than new animations and afew visual changes, Android 10 is largely under the hood stuff anyway even on Pixel. Project Mainline might be the biggest new thing though.

Associate
Battery life decent enough for me on my S10e I charge it at 4am every morning before work, & by the afternoon when i finish it's usually around the 40 to 50% mark & that with both Wifi and Bluetooth enabled.
I have noticed since Android 10 update the battery life has gotten slightly better.

Associate
I have the voda S10e and already have the new 10 update installed, unsure if mine is unlocked or carrier locked though! Haven't noticed a large amount of difference, folders are different when you open them and that's about it. Think my battery life has gotten worse though unfortunately...

S10e battery life for me has been okay. I charge it every night and have never fully run out.. I know a few on here have had nothing but problems with the batteries though unfortunately, seems to be a minority but definitely a luck of the draw!

Back
Top Bottom