PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
I Also find duos easier than squads if I can be bothered to play it as it's boring. Solos is just life sucking.

I tend to agree regarding solos in that I find it really hard to pluck up the motivation to start a game, but once I'm into it and progressing towards the last 20 or so I find myself totally engrossed, more so than squads, its pretty intense because nobody is there to rescue you or back you up.

I think the teamwork is better in duos as there are only two of you, squads can be a bit more frustrating in that respect as your team mates tend to care less about the value of your life. If one person gets killed in duos that's half your effective fighting force gone, with squads, people tend to shrug a bit more as its only a quarter lost.

Caporegime
It's simple maths.

solos = 1 vs 99
duos = 2 vs 98
squads = 4 vs 96

What do you think is easiest?

it doesnt work like that you know this. for eg say your team drops first 3 of them are killed first. you left on your own against the whole server of 93 people with four people shooting at you at every occasion. = harder. even with simple maths you can see that. duos your team mate killed on drop 97 with worst scenario 2 shooting at you. so your risk is increased x4 at every move every scenario. this is where the basics of the idea fall down and in practice how it plays out.

anyone person can kill 1 or 2 people. killing 4 on own doing squad wipes. no. not every one can pull that off. even semi decent players. so for bad to semi okay you better off playing singles or duos if its for stats. you will do better get higher than a squad of the same skill.

actually agree with physical on the singles. its boring as hell until last 10-15 then it gets interesting. duos is just a lark mess about then win.

Associate
No, that's incorrect.

There's an opposing scenario which switches that totally around.
Lets say you drop first, kill 3 out of 4 guys from an opposing team, it's now fundamentally easier for you to win, especially if this has happened elsewhere.
Another scenario, lets say you have a full squad of 4 for the entire match, there's another team killing everyone else, reducing everyone else's team to a single player. You are now in a stupidly strong position, against teams of 1.

We're not talking about 1-man-squads, where you always starts solo vs squads, we're talking about squads vs squads. Maths alone says that mode is the easiest. When working with statistics, you can't take into account everything and you only work with what you know. What you do know is it's 4 vs 96 at worst case, which where you're 1 out of 25 squads. 1/25 is much better odds than 1/100.

Soldato
It's simple maths.

solos = 1 vs 99
duos = 2 vs 98
squads = 4 vs 96

What do you think is easiest?

It would only be that simple if there was not knocking with more than 1 person per team, if there were no knocks I would agree.

Glad you can see the flip side to arguments as to why if one thing is hard, that also makes it easier from the other side though! :p

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Tend to just play random squad games but it's starting to get frustrating now with people not playing with any sense. Always feels lik most of the time rest of the squad die early and I end up on my own for rest of the game.

Caporegime
It would only be that simple if there was not knocking with more than 1 person per team, if there were no knocks I would agree.

Glad you can see the flip side to arguments as to why if one thing is hard, that also makes it easier from the other side though! :p

nothing wrong with different opinions on things. if we were all the same it would be boring. :D

Soldato
Lots of opportunity to play sneaky sneaky in solo, it's such a different game from squads.

Mini 14 now going for £90-100....thought you'd like to know... :D :p Only 8 for sale as I currently write this too. I'm beginning to think that this could be a very rare skin indeed as the chances of just getting a Venetian crate aren't particularly high, therefore the volumes of the Mini skin being "produced" will likely stay very low. I reckon there could be some significant price holds with this crate.

Caporegime
they will drop fast in first two weeks. its just they new and like any popular game with skins once the new wears off and the crates are more common the prices drop. think you did well cliffy. look again in two weeks time see what price they are then. there is always a gamble with skins on the market. do you lose ? hold ? or just get a decent guarenteed price ? .

Soldato
Someone will have bought them up and began selling at inflated prices, some rich guys will buy them and the guy who is flipping will only have to sell a few to make the rest profit.... the price he sold it for was the real price, would have been waiting around for a chance for it to sell at higher price. Did well at £50 imho too.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Tend to just play random squad games but it's starting to get frustrating now with people not playing with any sense. Always feels lik most of the time rest of the squad die early and I end up on my own for rest of the game.

After saying that had a good squad game with a chap from Germany and got the win.

Caporegime
been a bit weak but still winning games. has anyone opted in the skill based points system ? its odd totally different to how scoring is currently done and more focused on kills. atleast shroud will love it with his 15 free stream sniper kills per game.:D

Back
Top Bottom