Smart trainers for night out?

Soldato
Used to be the case that all late night clubs and bars required shoes and at the least black jeans and a collar to get in. Standards have slipped massively.
Used to be the case that men only ever left the house in a 3 piece suit and a top hat. What's your point?

You'll probably be ok unless a bouncer decides they don't like the look of you, then he has an excuse, why would you want to wear trainers though?
Because wearing smart shoes with jeans makes you look like a football hooligan. Although, I guess that would fit the bill in Leeds. But seriously, smart shoes with jeans looks utterly ridiculous. I don't know how that became the norm in the nineties.

I personally wouldn't recommend a "night out" in Leeds city centre on a Fri/Sat unless you're very particular about where you go. Speaking as a soft southerner who has to go up there to visit my other half's family every now and again.

Soldato
I personally wouldn't recommend a "night out" in Leeds city centre on a Fri/Sat unless you're very particular about where you go. Speaking as a soft southerner who has to go up there to visit my other half's family every now and again.

I suppose places are scary when you don't live there, I'd be worried about going out in London yet you probably wouldn't be, yet I can confidently walk the streets of Leeds at night with no problem. I've always found Liverpool to be a good night out and everyone to be friendly and easy going, other people think it's still the 1980's and a places like Leeds and Liverpool are a bit rough.

Soldato
I'm out in Leeds this weekend for a concert then probably a few bars afterwards. Just a quick question as I haven't been out in a city for years, would I be ok in smart leather trainers for getting into places?
Cheers.

All the decent bars in Leeds don’t have any strictly enforced dress codes, except perhaps The Maven. Stay away from all the smashed stag/hen parties on Boar Lane and you’ll have a good night out.

Soldato
Thanks, any areas or particular bars to head for?

Depends on where your concert is really! ‘Headrow House’ is decent and pretty central. ‘Nation of Shopkeepers’ is nice. Assembly is good for craft beers/fancy gins and for pre-gig food. Belgrave is also good and has, in my opinion, the best burgers and pizza in Leeds.

Soldato
OP
Depends on where your concert is really! ‘Headrow House’ is decent and pretty central. ‘Nation of Shopkeepers’ is nice. Assembly is good for craft beers/fancy gins and for pre-gig food. Belgrave is also good and has, in my opinion, the best burgers and pizza in Leeds.
OK thanks, it's at First Direct Arena tomorrow night.

Caporegime
Used to be the case that all late night clubs and bars required shoes and at the least black jeans and a collar to get in. Standards have slipped massively.

Not really, those sorts of bars/clubs never really had any standards in the first place... I wouldn't mistake pointless dress codes like shirt with collar and no trainers etc.. as "standards".

Caporegime
Check out Axel Arigato.

Really? That's considered smart?

19118-1-category.jpg

Back
Top Bottom