US: The Mandalorian

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
At least he only wants to direct. Not like he is writing the stories.

You would thiught that but that's what he did with the last jedi. Allegedly JJ gave him notes and he totally ignored them and made his own movie. Looks how TLJ turned out.

Soldato
I gave in, mainly because of Baby Yoda curiousity. I never really cared for Booba/Jango Fett characters from SW. I thought the first 4 episodes were absolutely superb.
Where in the SW timeline does this fit though as I haven't read anything about the show and I am a tad puzzled...

Soldato
I didn't like the initial fight scene with the bounty droid that kinda put me off but the music score has pulled me back in and I've liked the next couple of episodes.

The enemies mostly can't shoot for ****!

Soldato
Second episode in and I thought to myself "is this shaping up to be a' Lone Wolf and Cub' kinda thing" , and after a quick Google it seems this is the case.Not a bad thing if its done right I guess.

Caporegime
Episode 5

Worst one yet, i think.

Kinda getting a bit on the formulaic side now, and the over use of old reference material, way too much fan service.
That "Han Solo clone" novice bounty hunter, ooh jeez the cringe was measurable.

32 minute run time too, yikes.

I hope it goes up a gear next episode.

Soldato
Episode 5

Worst one yet, i think.

Kinda getting a bit on the formulaic side now, and the over use of old reference material, way too much fan service.
That "Han Solo clone" novice bounty hunter, ooh jeez the cringe was measurable.

32 minute run time too, yikes.

I hope it goes up a gear next episode.

I think you just say things for attention, either that or you have widely different tastes to the SW fanbase. You rated ep 4, but think ep 5 was the worst so far?!

Anyway.................ep 5, amazing and back on track!!

I can bring you in warm, or I can bring you in cold

That's my line - pew pew!!

Caporegime
I think you just say things for attention, either that or you have widely different tastes to the SW fanbase. You rated ep 4, but think ep 5 was the worst so far?!

Anyway.................ep 5, amazing and back on track!!

I can bring you in warm, or I can bring you in cold

That's my line - pew pew!!

Reallly? hmmm I thought it was cutting its self as a standalone quite well then it fell back on a load of cliches and "known" location. Did we watch the same episode? lol
5 was just a repeat of 4.... so 4 coming first means 5 is "worse"

I really liked 4. Although a few aspects of it were a bit hmmm.

yeah thats pretty much exactly why i didn't like 5 "as much" because it had the same "hmm" aspects.

ps: when i say i don't like i mean 8/10 rather than 9/10.
2 filler episodes in a row anyway...

weird any "professional" reviews ive read are split into 2 distinct camps too. Im not alone. Yes just different tastes i guess.

Last edited:
Soldato
Reallly? hmmm I thought it was cutting its self as a standalone quite well then it fell back on a load of cliches and "known" location. Did we watch the same episode? lol
5 was just a repeat of 4.... so 4 coming first means 5 is "worse"

I enjoy that we see nods to the SW universe, if it was so far detracted, then it wouldn't be SW. The biggest talking point atm is Baby Yoda, are you saying that it was wrong to include it as it is no longer standalone?

I found ep 4 a little dull and more A-Team than SW, ep 5 made use of the bounty hunter and his skills whilst progressing the story.

Btw, did you see who knelt by the body at the end?

Caporegime
No i Didnt make it out. All black i was guessing Imperial or another bounty hunter, ill re watch it it sounded like he had spurs on and an Imperial droid language soundclip. Hmm i have no idea my knowledge maybe not upto that :p

I like baby Yoda i dunno where you got that from of all the things i like hes one of the best.

Im gonna go re watch and read some theories on the "mystery guy"

Back
Top Bottom