** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Just wanted to give my review of the LG 27GL83A-B. As someone who's never owned better than a 1080p 60h/z Acer monitor, it's a pretty incredible leap. Like going from console gaming to 60fps on a PC. The backlight issues are not as bad as in the Rtings review, although I probably got lucky with that. Colour accuracy is incredible.

If you can afford to wait for one then I'd recommend it. I think I got a bit lucky though as I was going to buy a monitor either way before Christmas as I have work off.

Associate
Yeh I'm in the process of returning my current monitor (asus vg32vq) and been patiently waiting for this monitor. I was tempted to go for the FI27Q-P, but that's priced ridiculously and i almost settled for the FI27Q, but then I'd know I went for a product that should not have ever existed. Using my inner monks patience now.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Guys! Been checking every few hours.. and the LG 27GL83A-B is finally showing as back in stock on 13th Dec... for the price of £330! Just ordered it.. getting delivered 14th Dec. :D

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Yea I must have got lucky as it is indeed showing out of stock again, hopefully mine still gets delivered on the 14th.

Keep checking literally every few hours day and night.. that's what I did..

Associate
yup, these seem to be rarer than hens teeth and trying to get a coherent answer out of LG's customer service team regarding stock is like trying pulling teeth with rusty pliers.....slow and painful.

Pats his LG27GL850, and thanks the gods he doesn't have to go through the monitor upgrade nightmare for the next five years. :D

Associate
Yea I must have got lucky as it is indeed showing out of stock again, hopefully mine still gets delivered on the 14th.

Keep checking literally every few hours day and night.. that's what I did..

I ordered two, one for a mate but he was undecided at the time. Thought he'd have more time to decide but received a dispatch email for both today to be delivered tomorrow (Monday 9th). Thankfully he does want it! Here's hoping they're both in decent condition. :cool:

Associate
Evening all. Is anyone able to post their settings for the 83a. I'm not sure what a lot of these things are in the menu and want to be sure i'm getting the most out of it.

Thanks,

Luke

Soldato
Sorry for the dumb question but I can't get any sound coming out of my 24GL600F monitor, can anyone confirm if my sound isn't working or the monitor just doesn't come with any sound features?

Back
Top Bottom