Show us your kitty cats

Associate
Lovely looking cat, but are you sure it’s a Bengal? I ask as someone who has owned multiple Bengals from an F2 (technically required a wild animal permit) onwards and have the scars/paperwork to prove it. We moved onto Mau’s (scroll back far enough and you’ll find my post in this thread with 3 Bengals and our first Mau).

There are so so many "Bengal" domestic cats around in England that are called such just because of the colour or pattern of their coat. Similarly, many domestic long hairs are incorrectly referred to as Maine Coons, just due to their coat.

This is Rafael the "Bengal". He was rescued from a breeder who was over-breeding these beautiful cats, so no official record, selling them on for absurd amounts for their looks. We had the pleasure of fostering him for about six months before he passed away.

Associate
There are so so many "Bengal" domestic cats around in England that are called such just because of the colour or pattern of their coat. Similarly, many domestic long hairs are incorrectly referred to as Maine Coons, just due to their coat.

This is Rafael the "Bengal". He was rescued from a breeder who was over-breeding these beautiful cats, so no official record, selling them on for absurd amounts for their looks. We had the pleasure of fostering him for about six months before he passed away.

We've had to be careful of that, although we bought from reputable (if that means anything these days!) breeders we still can't be 100% sure, though we are relatively happy with Ginger being a Maine **** as he has outgrown our previous cat at 8 months old and the tail is just ridiculous (plus all the weird chirping noises and such).

This is our cat just before he passed away aged 10 and our current 8 month old taken last night performing a sink raid. He'll jump in to a full bath if you don't watch him:

Q8Enw8a.jpg

Associate
Was beginning to think I was the only one...

She's gorge, of course :)

This time of year my pampered indoor puss doesn't want to do much more than stand at the door, sniff the cold air, glance at the damp floor, then look at me as if to say, "You didn't honestly plan to go out in this, did you?" It takes me longer to put the harness on and off again that we spend outside.

Thanks for the kind words. Lol Yeah i know what you mean about letting them out in the damp cold conditions i think I'll just take her out in the summer etc as she doesn't cause any fuss to go out. I would let her out without a lead but i live close to a road so really don't want to take the risk.

Last edited:
Associate
20180812-112701.jpg
Lovely looking cat, but are you sure it’s a Bengal? I ask as someone who has owned multiple Bengals from an F2 (technically required a wild animal permit) onwards and have the scars/paperwork to prove it. We moved onto Mau’s (scroll back far enough and you’ll find my post in this thread with 3 Bengals and our first Mau).

I know what you mean she isn't exactly a rossetted thoroughbred and the markings do look a bit washed out in the picture in the sunshine. However i did get her from a breeder and is tica registered etc.
20180812-112701.jpg

This is her mum
stunning-silver-bengal-girls-5bdf3f0d09349.jpg

And her dad lol

Last edited:
Man of Honour
@Mercenary Keyboard Warrior Another update on Garfield. You were right about the microchip. As expected his previous owner did not bring around any paperwork so first thing this morning I phoned Indentibase who Garfield chip is registered to. I explained that this was a change of ownership and the chap I spoke to asked for my email address and sent me the paperwork. A change of keepership form is what we needed. This is not a problem for me as his former owner only lives on the other side of the estate but there is a section on the form that the previous owner has to fill out plus they contact them to ensure that the change of ownership has been agreed by both parties. If the formal owner is deceased then a copy of the death certificate has to be sent along with the form. This would confirm what you were afraid of and maybe they all follow the same procedure. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

Soldato
OP
I have two Bengals who are brothers, one is snow spotted and the other brown spotted. I specifically got there breed as they're hypoallergenic

. zUrbtmYm.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Don't normally post put having followed this Forum for years I felt the need to share some bad new, after nearly 18 years I had to let my baby go yesterday, without doubt the worse thing I have ever had to do in my 42 years, she had been fine until a recent diagnosis of tumours in the summer, we tried everything we could but it just got too much for her, everything was becoming a struggle so for her sake we made the decision.

I know that everyone in this thread will understand when I say about what characters they are and how they behave with their servants ;) and the impact they have on you daily, we are absolutely devastated and a massive hole in our lives at the moment, we are having her cremated and she will be back with us next week, picked a spot out next to the log burner (one of her favourite places) and we've gone for a paw print urn, I also kept some of her fur and her collar, hoping it helps us think she's still here.

Another great thing is the thousands of pictures and videos we have of her over the years, just helps to reinforce what a character she was when she was going about her business, but one thing I'll miss more than anything is that little face coming to see us when ever we got home/up/back/whatever and the accompanying chirrup.....

Just needed to get that off my chest to people I know that get it.....

Anyway, here's a little picture, me holding her when she was born and a recent one....(can't get my imgur link to show the pic, anyone help me out?)

R.I.P. Bob (girl - carbon copy of her Mum, also called Bob)

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't normally post put having followed this Forum for years I felt the need to share some bad new, after nearly 18 years I had to let my baby go yesterday, without doubt the worse thing I have ever had to do in my 42 years, she had been fine until a recent diagnosis of tumours in the summer, we tried everything we could but it just got too much for her, everything was becoming a struggle so for her sake we made the decision.

I know that everyone in this thread will understand when I say about what characters they are and how they behave with their servants ;) and the impact they have on you daily, we are absolutely devastated and a massive hole in our lives at the moment, we are having her cremated and she will be back with us next week, picked a spot out next to the log burner (one of her favourite places) and we've gone for a paw print urn, I also kept some of her fur and her collar, hoping it helps us think she's still here.

Another great thing is the thousands of pictures and videos we have of her over the years, just helps to reinforce what a character she was when she was going about her business, but one thing I'll miss more than anything is that little face coming to see us when ever we got home/up/back/whatever and the accompanying chirrup.....

Anyway, here's a little picture, me holding her when she was born and a recent one....(can't get my imgur link to show the pic, anyone help me out?)

Aww, sorry to hear that.

I still miss my cat (had him for almost twenty years) and he's been gone a few years now.

For posting images use Imgur, can't fault it, free and with no nasty watermarks.

Soldato
RIP Bob, this thread is both genuinely lovely to follow as a cat lover and sometimes just heartbreaking. My wee Zoey is 8 now and i cant imagine life without her so i feel for those of you missing your little fur babies

@Mercenary Keyboard Warrior Another update on Garfield. You were right about the microchip. As expected his previous owner did not bring around any paperwork so first thing this morning I phoned Indentibase who Garfield chip is registered to. I explained that this was a change of ownership and the chap I spoke to asked for my email address and sent me the paperwork. A change of keepership form is what we needed. This is not a problem for me as his former owner only lives on the other side of the estate but there is a section on the form that the previous owner has to fill out plus they contact them to ensure that the change of ownership has been agreed by both parties. If the formal owner is deceased then a copy of the death certificate has to be sent along with the form. This would confirm what you were afraid of and maybe they all follow the same procedure. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

Thanks dude.
pretty much confirmed what our vets said.
As she hardly goes out in the winter and strays less and less in the summer I worry less now than I used to.

Associate

R.I.P Bob she had a good long life by the sounds of it, 18 years is good for a cat. You can use dropbox for pics just replace the ?dl=0 to ?raw=1 at the end of the link. Hope that helps

Rip Bob and sorry to hear thissy

As someone converted to cats from dogs its amazing how them just being around seems to make the house feel like a home.

I dread to think how I am going to react when we lose ours. Every morning when the alarm goes of she comes to see me, either to move up the bed, or you hear a thunk as she jumps off something then arrives by the bed 10 seconds or so later.

Man of Honour
Mr Ghandi chilling with the old man. It's funny there is clearly a division of the sexes in my house..

Edit, cancel that it's daisy who is sitting with me tonight:

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't normally post put having followed this Forum for years I felt the need to share some bad new
Ah mate my sympathies Ive been there and its terrible for a while.

I wont be visiting this thread for a while as it brings back too many memories.

imgr. Right click on image, view image, copy url put in image line.

Back
Top Bottom