Phanteks mini xl ds - where's my power splitter?!

Associate
Hello! I just bought this case with the understanding from all the reviews that it was an upgraded Mini and came with the itx upgrade and the power splitter preinstalled, but i don't seem to have the latter anywhere in the box. Is this intended? I can't seem to find anywhere that sells the splitter seperately either

Soldato
Hello! I just bought this case with the understanding from all the reviews that it was an upgraded Mini and came with the itx upgrade and the power splitter preinstalled, but i don't seem to have the latter anywhere in the box. Is this intended? I can't seem to find anywhere that sells the splitter seperately either

no, it comes with the kit for an ITX motherboard and the media bay with the powerswitch.. The description says " If you only want to stay with one powerful ATX power supply, you can use the Phanteks Power Splitter to supply both motherboards." this is extra, and you wont find one because they arnt stocked anymore. You will need to use either an ATX PSU and a SFX PSU or buy a Phanteks Revolt X PSU which will power both systems, this is the setup i have. I used the PSU Splitter, and the cabling is a nightmare, its much easier with ATX and SFX PSU.

Associate
OP
Ah ok. Didn't consider the cabling aspect! I don't suppose you still have the splitter around, idle and collecting dust? :)

Soldato
Possibly, will try to remember to take a look when I get home, I think u will also need 2x sets of motherbaord, cpu, pcie extension leads as well..

And thats £50 towards a sfx cpu.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yes good point. I shall ponder my options. I have a spare evga 1200w psu and a spare set of cables from a previous build so it might be ok (the whole reason i bought the case at all!)

Soldato
Yes good point. I shall ponder my options. I have a spare evga 1200w psu and a spare set of cables from a previous build so it might be ok (the whole reason i bought the case at all!)

i have found the PowerSplitter which you can have for free, on the condition you post some pics of build when done

just checking with @Space Monkey i'm ok do this outside of mm

Associate
OP
Thanks both,
I will try to figure out where the MM actually is!

edit: Aha it is the post count... hmm at my given rate of 28 posts a year, I shall be joining it in 2069...

Soldato
Thanks both,
I will try to figure out where the MM actually is!

edit: Aha it is the post count... hmm at my given rate of 28 posts a year, I shall be joining it in 2069...
I have sent u a trust email, no need for mm in this instance as it's free and I won't be needing it again. Check your forum registered email

Associate
OP
Thank you Kurgen. Seems my email for this forum account was ancient and no longer exists. I have now updated. Can you send the trust email please?

Associate
OP
Kurgen the splitter arrived - thank you so, so much. I will be fitting this weekend once I confirm I have enough cables to do the job :)

Back
Top Bottom