Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Whats everyone's opinion on this game?

Im getting a 2070S that comes with this so debating if i should keep the game or sell it on

Soldato
d6Qd.png

Finally unlocked the Snake Shot on the .357 and it's turned it into a back up shotgun. In Hardcore it is really lethal and will kill people at range. In Core modes it is still devastatingly powerful in close quarters.

Caporegime
I think the skill based matchmaking is also helping me enjoy it. I’ve noticed on other forums that elite players are whinging non stop about it as they get a hard on from being dropped into lobbies with noob cannon fodder, that they can slaughter for easy XP. They seem somewhat aggrieved that they’ve actually got to work for it this year.

Personally, for us weaker players like myself, it makes it far more fun to be dropped into games where I’m not hideously out of my depth to the point of becoming bored and humiliated by a horribly low K/D ratio.

Soldato
Yeah I’ve had lots of close games as matched with equal skill.

though my KDR has taken a plunge in this game in my quest to get the MK2 Carbine and Kar in gold. But I know once I move back to automatic guns it should creep back up as whenever o pick one up I seem to go on a killing spree right away. I just find the single shot guns a lot more fun

Soldato
I had a huge 'crash' to desktop yesterday. I got disconnected from the game without warning, couldn't catch the ingame message. As a split second later it said 'disconnected from service' and closed the game entirely. I'm about to load it up and try, as my internet was fine and I can't imagine the game crashing due to a temporary drop in internet.

Anyone else experienced this?

Soldato
I had a huge 'crash' to desktop yesterday. I got disconnected from the game without warning, couldn't catch the ingame message. As a split second later it said 'disconnected from service' and closed the game entirely. I'm about to load it up and try, as my internet was fine and I can't imagine the game crashing due to a temporary drop in internet.

Anyone else experienced this?

I've seen a few posts on Reddit about this. I don't really know much more, sorry.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I’m trying to get 10 finishing moves done for one for the challenges and it’s bloody hard work. However, if I don’t have the correct challenge selected they won’t count towards it so my KDR has gone to hell as I’m just sneaking about trying to creep up on people.

It’s certainly a different way of playing the damned game.

Not liking some of these challenges.

Soldato
I've just managed to download it on my laptop now.
Will give it a whirl on the PC side over the next day or so.
I've a question though....What's with the massive obsession everyone has now with KDR? Where has casual fun gaming gone?
A lot has changed from when I first started gaming that's for sure.

Associate
I’m trying to get 10 finishing moves done for one for the challenges and it’s bloody hard work. However, if I don’t have the correct challenge selected they won’t count towards it so my KDR has gone to hell as I’m just sneaking about trying to creep up on people.

It’s certainly a different way of playing the damned game.

Not liking some of these challenges.

If it helps, getting kills whilst you / enemy are in smoke counts towards this. Did it earlier in about 4 games on headquarters

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I've just managed to download it on my laptop now.
Will give it a whirl on the PC side over the next day or so.
I've a question though....What's with the massive obsession everyone has now with KDR? Where has casual fun gaming gone?
A lot has changed from when I first started gaming that's for sure.

No obsession here. Just trying to complete a specific challenge and I’ve gone from 20/10 to about 3/20. :D

I tend to switch it on for an hour or so and just try to complete the daily challenges mostly. However, some of the other in-game challenges take some effort.

Soldato
I think the skill based matchmaking is also helping me enjoy it. I’ve noticed on other forums that elite players are whinging non stop about it as they get a hard on from being dropped into lobbies with noob cannon fodder, that they can slaughter for easy XP. They seem somewhat aggrieved that they’ve actually got to work for it this year.

Personally, for us weaker players like myself, it makes it far more fun to be dropped into games where I’m not hideously out of my depth to the point of becoming bored and humiliated by a horribly low K/D ratio.

The game is setup to accommodate poor players, from the maps, perks, SBMM and everything in between. They've pandered to the low level player, hence why once they get bored (which they do pretty quickly) the game will die.

Nobody wants to actually get better at games, everything has to be dumbed down to the lowest level. It makes for tedious game play, stupid design decisions and all round poor game.

Soldato
I got demolished last night... When this game was out, the first week or so I was mostly at the top if not in the top 3 of all games. Took a break, now I can barely get above the mid board. It's crazy how fast the game evolves, I need to put in a lot more time it seems! A tonne of new angles and load-outs which I'd not seen, just absolutely destroying me.

Also, some of the new maps are far too small, a little too chaotic for my liking. I've still not played more than 1 game of the large game mode, just not my cup of tea.

ne0

ne0

Associate
I got demolished last night... When this game was out, the first week or so I was mostly at the top if not in the top 3 of all games. Took a break, now I can barely get above the mid board. It's crazy how fast the game evolves, I need to put in a lot more time it seems! A tonne of new angles and load-outs which I'd not seen, just absolutely destroying me.

Also, some of the new maps are far too small, a little too chaotic for my liking. I've still not played more than 1 game of the large game mode, just not my cup of tea.

I found the game got harder for me as soon as the Battle Pass hit for some reason. Before, I was doing pretty well most matches but soon as it hit I just got demolished every game. Not sure why...

Associate
Juat bought this in the sale. Anyone know of a site that has game settings or is anyone running this on a 1070 gpu could give me some settings. Im playing on a 4k tv so would like to run it a 1440p at 60 but not sure what the optimal settings are

Soldato
Played for the first time last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Played my first large map today having only played Gunfight last night. Not used to it at all having been a Battlefield player my whole life, will take me a while I think. Weird not being able to revive people and TTK seems much quicker than BF.

Back
Top Bottom