The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Even then 60kw @ 30% is low. I can only suggest the battery was cold or there was an anomaly with the charger/handshake.

I’ve seen people cure slow charging speeds by swapping to a different plug if the speed doesn’t ramp up on a warm battery.

Soldato
Didn't get anywhere near 100 yesterday at Warwick North and South... At 30% charged I was getting around 60KwH with all stalls to myself and the battery preconditioned. Disappointing.

Did you still have any pips on regen as I did a test to the nearest supercharger to me and even after 20-30 mins of pre-conditioning it didn't get enough to heat to charge quickly. The battery was stoen cold though which didn't help.

Soldato
Probably the first time yesterday I was really glad to have upgraded from my previous i3. Got to work and realised I had forgotten my office door keys! Colleague was in London so I had to turn around and go home again. In the i3 with a 100% charge I would have been struggling but in the SR+ I was able to do the double journey from 70% down to 17% and no thought to restricting my speed down the dual carriageway.

Battery seemed particularly cold on the way back with a snow symbol for most of the journey and I did get the message pop-up below when I stopped at a supermarket on the way back.

Worst case I could have sat in the car park and used one of the four free 7kw chargers that were available.

NQ78Vv5.jpg.png

daz

daz

Soldato
Where is everyone getting insurance from?

Lowest quote I've had so far for a M3P is £1100 and that's with 10 years no claims, no points, car kept on driveway, which is surprisingly high I thought.

Soldato
GoCompare came back with £692.00 from LV who coincidentally insure my current SR+ (£450).

There's a few things that can have affect such as job description, 2nd car and named drivers that can reduce the premium which I didn't play with. Definitely worth speaking to LV as they do a specific EV policy and might be able to tweak the policy.

Repairs can be high or delayed so the screen cover and excess can be quite high for Tesla cars. That doesn't help the premium.

Last edited:
Soldato
Replacing the plates on mine now that I'm assigning a private reg. How have you guys done it? Seen some stuck on plates but not sure they're legal. I was thinking of taking off the front holder and sticking it to the plastic frame behind, then for the back I might take the whole frame off and stick it directly to the paint.

Soldato
Where is everyone getting insurance from?

Lowest quote I've had so far for a M3P is £1100 and that's with 10 years no claims, no points, car kept on driveway, which is surprisingly high I thought.

GoCompare came back with £692.00 from LV who coincidentally insure my current SR+ (£450).

There's a few things that can have affect such as job description, 2nd car and named drivers that can reduce the premium which I didn't play with. Definitely worth speaking to LV as they do a specific EV policy and might be able to tweak the policy.

Repairs can be high or delayed so the screen cover and excess can be quite high for Tesla cars. That doesn't help the premium.

Don't forget postcode! £776 is the cheapest quote that came back via Confused.com (with Bell), and £912 was the cheapest via Compare The Market (with Churchill) for an SR+. Not seen that much difference between two comparison sites before.

Soldato
Replacing the plates on mine now that I'm assigning a private reg. How have you guys done it? Seen some stuck on plates but not sure they're legal. I was thinking of taking off the front holder and sticking it to the plastic frame behind, then for the back I might take the whole frame off and stick it directly to the paint.

Well this is a really neat solution for those in the US that like to remove the front plate in states that don't require it. Needs to be shortened though for a UK plate unfortunately. Nice to see a good use of 3D printing.

https://livingtesla.com/shop/snapplate/

I've had a "Show Plate" stuck on the front of my RX7 for years and never been pulled over for it. Admittedly I don't do lots of miles in it.

Last edited:
Soldato
that' a big £5K premium for self drive, or, is that par for the course, that options, are billed directly on a PCP; don't they think it/SD would help the 2nd hand value ?
I wouldn't pay £5k for the self drive, certainly not on a PCP
Its a promise for the future and we have no idea when we will see it.

Soldato
that' a big £5K premium for self drive, or, is that par for the course, that options, are billed directly on a PCP; don't they think it/SD would help the 2nd hand value ?

The FSD option adds the full cost over the life of PCP. The end value of the car is the same with or without FSD so it just increases your loan amount. They don't care if the actual resale value will be different in reality.

Soldato
So I received the latest software update early this morning (v2019.40.1.1). Perfect timing for a wet drizzly rain on the way to work and .....

They only flippin work now in variable rain! Much better than before as I only hovered once on the way to work and did manually force a wipe just before parking to clear the screen completely.

***EDIT I was wrong it was 2019.36.2.4

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom