The Outer Worlds

Soldato
OP
Are you one of them dirty Pc gamer types snooping the console thread ? :)

Game pass covers PC too if so.
No I don't have a PC either. Last time I checked PS4 was a console as well.

It costs £1 for a month and works on a PC. Just how cheap do you need it to be!?

£1 a month plus buy a PC. Lol

I know it's not an Xbox thread because im the OP. Going to wait for it to be about £20, not on a rush to play it. Got the Witcher to play yet.

Soldato
Ahh it all makes sense now. I keep forgetting this was on PS4 too being an MS owned dev. Yeah it’s going to cost a bit more for PS4 version. It’s a good game and it’s worth £30 but if you have the Witcher to keep you busy then I would wait as it will likely be nearer £20 after Xmas.....

Associate
Started playing this last night on the PS4, it was an Xmas pressy so didn't cost me anything :). I still need to put more time in on it so my it may still change my mind, but i don't think its a game that i would play twice or spend the time to 100%, and is it just me or is the inventory system overly complex?

Associate
So what did people do when they got to the "Point of no return" on the main story? I'm tempted to go back and complete some more side missions as i didn't complete that many at all really.

From what i understand you can go back to save it creates anyway and complete them.

Associate
So what did people do when they got to the "Point of no return" on the main story? I'm tempted to go back and complete some more side missions as i didn't complete that many at all really.

From what i understand you can go back to save it creates anyway and complete them.

At the point of no return I made sure I had completed every quest I had...sure there were others I never got but ensured none were at an incomplete status before moving on to the final few missions

Soldato
I finished this last night (on PC), really enjoyed it. Splitting the game across various planets/areas made it feel a lot less daunting than Fallout and I enjoyed most of the characters and the storyline. For me it was the right sort of length too, they could have put in a heap more filler quests but much like the previous Fallout games I've played, I'd probably never finish it.

Started playing this last night on the PS4, it was an Xmas pressy so didn't cost me anything :). I still need to put more time in on it so my it may still change my mind, but i don't think its a game that i would play twice or spend the time to 100%, and is it just me or is the inventory system overly complex?

Yep, the inventory interface was atrocious, it meant I finished the game with vast stores of different supplies and other gear because it was too much faff to drop into the inventory every time, try to find the one thing that might give you a slight edge in a battle, press the correct button to use it (rather than equip it) and then back out again.

Soldato
Started this today. Got it on gamepass.

I'm about 7hrs in. Really enjoying it so far. Its like a cross between borderlands and fallout.

I'm going steady, doing my own thing - only just started the first main mission for the cannery boss :p

Caporegime
Just a heads up, they are releasing an updated version of the game on Monday:

Not sure how many of these upgrades the PC version already had (vs last gen consoles) - I played it on PC via gamepass about 4 years ago.

This version does include all the expansions as well

Trailer:

Soldato
It runs like crap on Series X which is a shame as I was looking forward to playing through it again. Lots of frame drops and stuttering. It looks better but not massively and tbh the over bright textures they have added to me looks worse at times. Definitely not worth the full price cost if you ask me. I only paid £5 to upgrade mine which is not too bad i suppose but in all honesty I prefer the original. Also you cannot use previous save games so have to start again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked this update today having never done it the first time round, more fool me for thinking a remastered? Version would run over 30fps on a PS5…my eyeeees

Back
Top Bottom