First build, thoughts?

Associate
My first ever build and it went smoothly if slowly!

Z1SDZse.jpg

NZXT H510, Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, Ryzen 5 3600X, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Black, Asus PCE-AC68 and Corsair RM750X.

Hopefully I have been OCD enough with the cable management. The only niggle/complaint with the case is the Ketchup and Mustard front panel HD audio cable. NZXT have made a fantastic job of the case and other cables having heat shrink all the way to the connector but that cable is so annoying!

https://i.imgur.com/YGz6DY3.jpg

Lights

https://i.imgur.com/OhtF6WK.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Only thing is with that NZXT H510 case you wont be able to use that front USB C connection as that motherboard doesnt have the header for it.
I got the exact motherboard ready for a build and i went for a H500 NZXT Case instead.

Associate
Only thing is with that NZXT H510 case you wont be able to use that front USB C connection as that motherboard doesnt have the header for it.
I got the exact motherboard ready for a build and i went for a H500 NZXT Case instead.

Got same board and H510 and found that out too late no connector for the front panel usb-c :(

Nice build OP, same as mine other than I got the 3700X with stock fan and 3600 viper memory. Mine only has a 1060gb GPU atm though, would love your Red Devil in mine but that is a new year purchase.

Soldato
Great first build and nice color coding you got going on there.

For the audio cables, you could either use a black marker pen or some heatshrink to go from the plug to the outer cable sleeve.

You could also get some braided extension cables. Think you will need 3 or 4 and at ~ £4 each, maybe not the way to go as it works out a bit expensive.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £6.69 (includes shipping: £2.74)

Soldato
That is a genuinely great effort on a first time build dude :) be proud of that. I think it's cleaner than any system i have ever put together in the last 10 years. Building slowly is absolutely fine and nothing to be worried about. It's not a race and nobody here thinks like that :)

Back
Top Bottom