Lian-Li PC-011 rig photos?

Soldato
:eek:
I thought I spent to much on my previous case, the Thermaltake Level 20 VT when it was about £100

My memory is too flaky these days to remember which one out of three cases I've spent more than £100- on. Those top 3 have been Silverstone LC16, Akasa Eclipse 62 & this one. The Lian Li stands out head & shoulders above of all of them. My only gripe is there isnt enough isolation in the Hard Drive bay so I hear it reading & writing which is a one of my PC bugbears. I could Bungee mod it, but I don't use it enough to warrant doing said mod & I can't be Arsed. :p

Associate
My memory is too flaky these days to remember which one out of three cases I've spent more than £100- on. Those top 3 have been Silverstone LC16, Akasa Eclipse 62 & this one. The Lian Li stands out head & shoulders above of all of them. My only gripe is there isnt enough isolation in the Hard Drive bay so I hear it reading & writing which is a one of my PC bugbears. I could Bungee mod it, but I don't use it enough to warrant doing said mod & I can't be Arsed. :p

I'm thinking about getting this case for a new Ryzen 3900x build with a x570 motherboard. If I do, though, I can't quite decide what the optimum number of fans & placement for air cooling is ( I don't plan on adding an AIO or any form of liquid cooling ). I watched Gamers Nexus review video and using just 3 fans he found placing all 3 in the front/side position ( as intake ) provided the best CPU & GPU temperatures overall. I wish there was some other info on other combinations eg. 3 x intake fans on front/side, 2 x intake on bottom and 1 x exhaust on top, or using all mounts for 9 fans. Personally I don't want to exceed 6 fans to minimise cabling, plus I plan to use a Corsair Pro Controller and don't want to have to add various splitters etc to synchronise control of additional fans. Given Gamers Nexus' findings I am left wondering if even 6 fans is sub-optimal. Any thoughts on this ? Would be interested in hearing any other users thoughts on this case.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Soldato
I was actually considering this as an option, but its the price thats just way too high..

Im in no rush so ill probably wait a while and see what other options come out in the next year or so

This has to be one of the most unpracticle and ugly cases that Corsair have made, for sure!

Soldato
I'm thinking about getting this case for a new Ryzen 3900x build with a x570 motherboard. If I do, though, I can't quite decide what the optimum number of fans & placement for air cooling is ( I don't plan on adding an AIO or any form of liquid cooling ). I watched Gamers Nexus review video and using just 3 fans he found placing all 3 in the front/side position ( as intake ) provided the best CPU & GPU temperatures overall. I wish there was some other info on other combinations eg. 3 x intake fans on front/side, 2 x intake on bottom and 1 x exhaust on top, or using all mounts for 9 fans. Personally I don't want to exceed 6 fans to minimise cabling, plus I plan to use a Corsair Pro Controller and don't want to have to add various splitters etc to synchronise control of additional fans. Given Gamers Nexus' findings I am left wondering if even 6 fans is sub-optimal. Any thoughts on this ? Would be interested in hearing any other users thoughts on this case.

I think this video may answer your question.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

This has to be one of the most unpracticle and ugly cases that Corsair have made, for sure!

Yeah its not exactly a looker, the 011 looks much better imo, im just not a huge fan of the fan placement being on the side

Soldato
/\/\/\ Well it just goes to show that in a few situations you shouldn't always take the Manufacturers Specs as gospel & check a few reviews first.
I'll bear that in mind in the future.
I for one would not be happy if I bought a case on the 'fact' that your motherboard would fit & when you get the case it turned out that it wouldn't.

Soldato
Just ordered phanteks Vertical GPU mounting bracket, be interesting to see how this affects temps.

I'm really tempted to take the bottom radiator out and just have fans mounted there instead as my gpu is sucking in warm air expelled from the radiator making temps a little higher than it needs to be.

Don't get me wrong im still able to achieve 54-58c on a 58% fan speed which allows a decent boost of 2055mhz on the core but its right at the freshhold before it drops off at 2040mhz.

Soldato
This is the case that would drag me away from ITX if I had the space. I think it's stunning. Also great value considering the price of half decent ITX cases now.

Associate
f83e612c2c4553168d76f1fa71746c40.png

This is mine but bare in mind its the XL version

Back
Top Bottom