• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2060 really worth it ?

Soldato
A lower mid range GPU and a high end CPU is an odd mix. If the 1070 is causing low framerates then I suggest a 2070 Super at the very least, preferably higher like a 2080.

Caporegime
I was going to suggest just bag a cheap second 1070 (assuming your favourite games support SLI of course) and rock that until a worthwhile upgrade is available (30xx series) but, unless I'm mistaken, you've bought an Nvidia card but have a board that supports AIT crossfire, not SLI.....

Do not buy a 2060, the bang/buck is crap compared to what you have now tbh, hang fire and wait.

Soldato
Here's a good read: https://www-techspot-com.cdn.amppro...ot.com/article/1953-then-and-now-400-usd-gpu/

I'd say the 5700XT is a decent upgrade from a 1070, a 2070S would be a tad better, although a pretty hefty price jump depending on the models you're looking at.

The 2060(S) is just at a poor price point given the competition, hell you can get a 2070 vanilla for the same price as a 2060S even if you don't want to go AMD.

Back
Top Bottom