What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
AD Astra 6.5/10
Visually impressive but more than slightly unbelievable at times. Was hoping for another interstellar with this, but it's not even close unfortunately. Worth a watch though.

oh dear.... I didn’t rate interstellar thought it was silly in places....I’ll probably watch AD ASTRA when everyone else is watching I’m a Celeb

Soldato
oh dear.... I didn’t rate interstellar thought it was silly in places....I’ll probably watch AD ASTRA when everyone else is watching I’m a Celeb

Interstellar had its issues, but I thought it was a great film overall. Ad Astra isn't a bad film, but it could certainly have been better. It does have a few moments that'll have you rolling your eyes. Worth a watch if you enjoy your sci-fi though.

Soldato
Spider Man Far From Home 8/10

Loved it and so glad we're getting another, again though it's another individual marvel film that for me has been better than the actual avengers films

Soldato
Watched Knives Out at the weekend. 6/10 (5 being average) if you can get past Daniel Craig's bad accent. Fun film and the Mrs (who loves murder mystery) loved it.

Soldato
CHIPS. Modern remake starring (and written by) Dax Sheppard, with Michael Pena co-starring. It's very average. Some good bits but very few a far between. Humour isn't great, some unexpected nakedness but it all felt like it very nearly worked.

Man of Honour
Watched Knives Out at the weekend. 6/10 (5 being average) if you can get past Daniel Craig's bad accent. Fun film and the Mrs (who loves murder mystery) loved it.

Was probably my film of the year, which just goes to show how much tastes differ. Daniel Craigs accent was an odd thing to hear as its not an accent I associate with him but it didn't bug me much, its exaggerated yes but I've met some Cajun folks on my travels who have accents pretty close to Craigs to be fair.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
it
Was probably my film of the year, which just goes to show how much tastes differ. Daniel Craigs accent was an odd thing to hear as its not an accent I associate with him but it didn't bug me much, its exaggerated yes but I've met some Cajun folks on my travels who have accents pretty close to Craigs to be fair.
was better than his Joe Bang one in Logan Lucky (also a great film)

Soldato
The Laundromat 8/10

Biographical comedy? Something like that about the Panama Papers.
Gary Oldman and Antonio Banderas act /present/explain whats going on as shady lawyers and Meryl Streeps character digs into the whole thing as a victim of the whole scam.
Found it very interesting and amusing.
It's on Netflix.

Associate
Motherless Brooklyn (2019) - 8/10

An epic tale of a Private Investigator trying to solve a mystery in 1950’s New York. It’s got it all – murder, conspiracy, racial tension, corruption, dark secrets and the cool atmosphere of the jazz nightclubs.

The story’s good and the acting’s great, especially from Norton in the lead, but the long run time and anticlimactic ending makes it a bit of a slog at times.

Soldato
As astra

WTF.

Just Brad Pitt displaying zero emotions for 2 hours whilst narrating an unbelievable trip to Neptune.

2/10

Back
Top Bottom