Project Black Friday Beast

Associate
OP
That’s a lot of fans!!!!

looks great mate, bet you’re chuffed :)
Yeah I am, this is my first full build that I did fully alone (my previous build I had a mate come over as he was more experienced) so I'm really happy it turned out this way and everything actually works.

Now I know most will probably facepalm here and ask why I spent so much money on a 'enthusiast' build but...I have never overclocked anything in my life so I'm not really sure where to start. Enabled xmp on bios for memory but that's about it so far.

Soldato
Yeah I am, this is my first full build that I did fully alone (my previous build I had a mate come over as he was more experienced) so I'm really happy it turned out this way and everything actually works.

Now I know most will probably facepalm here and ask why I spent so much money on a 'enthusiast' build but...I have never overclocked anything in my life so I'm not really sure where to start. Enabled xmp on bios for memory but that's about it so far.
I’ve just built a slightly lower spec computer and have no idea where to start (or even whether to bother!) with overclocking... if you find a good beginners guide let me know!!

The thread on here is great, but years old and recent comments suggests it’s out of date

Associate
OP
It’s alive! What are the benchmark scores like?
a03161813682210d6d6c0600fbc0b2d0.png

Not sure if this is good or not :S

Associate
OP
Soldato
Those cables are insane! Also what have you done to your AIO? I like it!

Lian Li RGB ones .

Silent loop/Eisbaer that's been striped back. Bigger compressions, rad and clear tubing etc .

Totally bonkers

With Dacia car brand, no one needs to pay over £5k for a brand new car or £14k max for 4x4 . With that thinking, anyone buying a focus or Corsa is madness when you can get a brand new car with 4 wheels and warranty for 2/3rds the price etc ;)

Including monitor around £4300

Power !!!!!

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh does it effect the performance of the loop much? Am curious as to if the pump struggles with having to move more volume.

Do you have a guide I could nose at?

slight increase. unlike standard Asetek units and rads alphacool uses G1/4 ports on their products like EKWB and others. this means roughly the Inner Diameter of the hole matches 13/10mm tubing to allow unhindered flow and pressure. Currently on their stock units its 11/7mm tubing and compression fittings. though you can install 16/13mm compression fittings if you wish etc .

Alphacool rads have some of the best performing rads to price range and actually have lower fins per inch then say EKWB . Means they work well with 500-1500rpm fans . Using 45mm with single fan will give better performance then stock 30mm or 27mm you find on asetek units. Why i changed mine along with using silent wing fans at slower rpm for pure silence.

We9cySr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom