The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Finally got a delivery date 13th December, 1530 at Leeds. (124 miles from me in Birmingham).

Black SR Plus ordered 8th August.

If your lucky you may have enough charge to get home! I had ~110 miles to a 90 mile journey back but the figure in the energy consumption screen is accurate so use that instead of the range indicator. Mines set to percentage there now anyway.

Soldato
So I received the latest software update early this morning (v2019.40.1.1). Perfect timing for a wet drizzly rain on the way to work and .....

They only flippin work now in variable rain! Much better than before as I only hovered once on the way to work and did manually force a wipe just before parking to clear the screen completely.

nice - horrendous weather last night coming down from Glasgow and the spray on the roads etc - it was terrible - like really bad "auto"

Can't wait for the update

Efficency is certainly affected in the winter time - lots of driving 50/60 mile journeys this week and even on a good run only getting around 70/75% efficiency

Soldato
So I received the latest software update early this morning (v2019.40.1.1). Perfect timing for a wet drizzly rain on the way to work and .....

They only flippin work now in variable rain! Much better than before as I only hovered once on the way to work and did manually force a wipe just before parking to clear the screen completely.

Good ol' 'Deep Rain'. ;)

Soldato
If your lucky you may have enough charge to get home! I had ~110 miles to a 90 mile journey back but the figure in the energy consumption screen is accurate so use that instead of the range indicator. Mines set to percentage there now anyway.

There are a couple of superchargers on the route home so I'm going to test them out on the way back.

I'm still expecting something to go wrong (Lease company were arguing with Tesla about PO causing delays) but fingers crossed I can get a car on Friday.

Soldato
nice - horrendous weather last night coming down from Glasgow and the spray on the roads etc - it was terrible - like really bad "auto"

Can't wait for the update

Efficency is certainly affected in the winter time - lots of driving 50/60 mile journeys this week and even on a good run only getting around 70/75% efficiency

Hmm on the way back it wasn't raining but I was getting a build up of dirt, maybe salt residue and it wasn't seeing that. Which highlights a previous observation of mine that the sensor at the top flatter part of the screen is maybe detecting things a little late. Yeah direct rain is being detected better now but stuff coming up off the road not so much so lets see how spray gets handled with more driving.

Having installed Scan my Tesla in my car now one thing I previously noted was at ~0 C the car was consuming 3-3.5 kw while at lights maintaining temps but at 10 C is was down to 1.5-1.7 kw (same settings) so that and battery resistance in the cold add up in an EV. ICE cars of course use waste heat to do the same function.

Soldato
Hmm on the way back it wasn't raining but I was getting a build up of dirt, maybe salt residue and it wasn't seeing that. Which highlights a previous observation of mine that the sensor at the top flatter part of the screen is maybe detecting things a little late. Yeah direct rain is being detected better now but stuff coming up off the road not so much so lets see how spray gets handled with more driving.

I just checked and it was v2019.36.2.4 that was downloaded so now I'm not so sure I had the Deep Rain software. Maybe coincidental that it worked in the drizzly rain after the update so maybe that's why it didn't work so well with spray sans rain on the way back.

Soldato
I just checked and it was v2019.36.2.4 that was downloaded so now I'm not so sure I had the Deep Rain software. Maybe coincidental that it worked in the drizzly rain after the update so maybe that's why it didn't work so well with spray sans rain on the way back.

2019.40.1.1 includes the Deep Rain implementation.

Soldato
I do have the 2019.40.2.1 update now but no rain on the way to work to test it. One thing I did notice was the average battery pack temp was up to 25 C by the time I got to work and that's a big jump from the usual 21 C. Have to monitor that and see if it was just a one off as it's dry though still only 6 C.

I first noticed a change because it felt a bit more nippy than usual after setting off so checked the stats and notice the temp already up to 19 C. Peak R Motor power also jumped a little as a result to 221 KW (296 HP) @70% SOC.

Associate
Nice. I’m picking mine up on Monday anything extra to check? - think I have a link to a google document checklist of things to check but it’s a lease so not going to go overboard

Last edited:
Caporegime
Some impressive stats on the Taycan :)

xpP0i2S.jpg.png

A weird one, because journalists have reported getting around 200 miles of range on motorways when giving it a thrashing.

Perhaps it’s super inefficient at low speeds and the second gear that’ll be used when going faster helps a lot?

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice. I’m picking mine up on Monday anything extra to check? - think I have a link to a google document checklist of things to check but it’s a lease so not going to go overboard

Just the basics. Check it has the type2 (blue) cable because these havent always been in stock, and you will need it. Check the paint for anything obvious and check for any panel alighment issues and get them raised with the pickup team. Check the windscreen washers work, someone I work with had one delivered and they didnt. Beyond that I wouldnt sweat it too much tbh.

Soldato
So my butt dyno was correct as since the 2019.40.2.1 update I believe the battery is being pre-heated more aggressively in the SR+ at least. I knew there was some more pep to the car after starting my normal commute and it was because the battery pack was already at ~20 C. Previously it was ~15 C when setting out.

Screenshots taken from Scan My Tesla via an OBDII breakout cable + Bluetooth dongle installed in the rear of the console between the front seats.

https://www.e-mobility-driving-solu...ostics-cable-tesla-m3-01-2019-bundle/?lang=en

First screenshot note the R Power is 3kw of energy being used to energise the rear motor which adds heat to the battery loop (Battery inlet). The Cell mid temp wasn't registering at this point so assume battery pack is ~1 C below Battery inlet. Battery power at -4.47 indicates only 4kw going to charge the pack.

OvQUdPF.jpg.png

Second screenshot 1 hr later and now the Cell mid temp (can't explain why it registered now) is 19 C and Battery power at -7.29 now indicates the battery is getting the full 7kw of charging. R power isn't registering (frustrating program) but I assume it's 0kw as the battery is getting the full 7kw from the wall charger.

s4oPRxG.jpg.png

Maybe a bug with Scan My Tesla but until I put the car in Drive the parameters don't always register on screen initially, usually I have 10.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom