• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Ryzen 9 3950X review thread

Associate
We have 18 shipped to us, due any day on the retail part, so fingers crossed some arrive today/tomorrow but were now finding shipments getting delayed due to Black Friday business madness!

We have OEM product in stock, but it was sourced as grey and cost me more than we sell the retail ones to end user at, as such were keeping those for use only in systems and bundles.

Thanks for confirming sir, checked today and I'm still #13 so keeping my fingers crossed one of the 18 come my way soon!

RCM

RCM

Associate
Thanks for confirming sir, checked today and I'm still #13 so keeping my fingers crossed one of the 18 come my way soon!
Didn't you say you were #12 the other day? Have you dropped a place? Hopefully, it won't make a difference if 18 are turning up.

I was 11th in queue and i cancelled my order!

Why oh Why oh Why!!!
There's probably a lesson to be learned in there somewhere. Not to rub it in but #11 is about where I should be now (1 or 2 places ahead of CrazyMoFo3000). Hope you get hold of one sooner rather than later. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Didn't you say you were #12 the other day? Have you dropped a place? Hopefully, it won't make a difference if 18 are turning up.

There's probably a lesson to be learned in there somewhere. Not to rub it in but #11 is about where I should be now (1 or 2 places ahead of CrazyMoFo3000). Hope you get hold of one sooner rather than later. :)

I thought I was too haha I assume I got my numbers mixed up! They told me 13 yesterday but fingers crossed I'm 0 and shipped soon :D

RCM

RCM

Associate
I thought I was too haha I assume I got my numbers mixed up! They told me 13 yesterday but fingers crossed I'm 0 and shipped soon :D
Just called to check and I'm at #9, so should be safely included in the incoming batch, as long as they do get the touted 18 or so. ;)

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Well some great news, well not so great yet, the 20 or so were expecting have not arrived yet, but there is another 20 due next week as well so basically between now and end of next week are expecting to receive 40 units which will clear a good bulk of the pre-orders. Which will put us at 70 received so far meaning were doing really well and should anyone want a system or bundle we do have tray stock on our shelfs.

Associate
Hi there

Well some great news, well not so great yet, the 20 or so were expecting have not arrived yet, but there is another 20 due next week as well so basically between now and end of next week are expecting to receive 40 units which will clear a good bulk of the pre-orders. Which will put us at 70 received so far meaning were doing really well and should anyone want a system or bundle we do have tray stock on our shelfs.

If I pre-order one now, what position in queue will I be and am I likely to get one before xmas?

OcUK Staff
If I pre-order one now, what position in queue will I be and am I likely to get one before xmas?

Unlikely I am afraid.

We cannot sell you OEM, they cost us more than we sell the retail chips for online and are only for system integration or as part of a bundle.

OcUK Staff
If you Jingle enough money at them I am sure you could. :D

Yes buy a 3950X PC from us or this bundle:

8 Pack 3950X Bundle - AMD 3950X, Asus ROG HERO, Corsair 64GB 3600MHz, TeamGroup 2TB SSD & Asus AIO Cooler @ £2,222.90 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/8-Pa...amGroup-2TB-SSD-and-Asus-AIO-C-BU-01V-AM.html

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X OEM Processor, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII HERO Motherboard, Corsair 64GB Vengeance Pro Dual Channel memory, TeamGroup Cardea Zero Z440 2TB Gen4 SSD, Asus Ryujin 360mm AIO OLED Cooler

Only £2,222.90 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

P.S. 12 Retail just landed, orders shipping today fingers crossed.

OcUK Staff
It would take a lot of jingling imo, but someone could get a cracker of a deal if Santa Gibbo is feeling generous :)

Well its not about me being generous for two reasons:
1. We cannot sell OEM CPU's from AMD, they forbid it unless its part of a system or major upgrade as in total bundle.
2. The OEM stock we have was purchased grey and cost us more than we sell the retail chips for online, so even if I could offer you one, they be over £800, not the £750 as per MSRP.

Associate
P.S. 12 Retail just landed, orders shipping today fingers crossed.

Ffs, I was happy I was up to 13 until you said that :p

I'll take being 1 for the next batch though lol still earlier than January!

BTW, massively appreciate the constant updates Gibbo!

EDIT: My status just changed to shipped!!! Massive thanks OcUK!!

Soldato
Using good memory makes the 3950x neck and neck with the 9900KS in gaming, these CPU's trade blows on a per title basis.

The gap is so close now, that the 5ghz 9900KS is only 2% faster in lows over an 18 game average.

I know which one I'd rather own. The one with double the cores and threads.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom