What every petrolhead wants for Christmas

Caporegime
Tell me you don't want one :D

OK. I don’t want one.

To quantify: I race faster R/C as it is and know from trying that FPV is not really anything more than a fad for serious R/C racing as due to the scale speeds involved and the fact that indoor track markers are usually square drainpipe (so 2” high), you can’t see the layout of the track in front of you fast enough to react properly.

FPV works great for drone racing due to the lack of obstacles and larger open spaces used for racing.

I’m sure it’s a fun toy for 5 minutes, but it’s not for me :)

Soldato
OP
OK. I don’t want one.

To quantify: I race faster R/C as it is and know from trying that FPV is not really anything more than a fad for serious R/C racing as due to the scale speeds involved and the fact that indoor track markers are usually square drainpipe (so 2” high), you can’t see the layout of the track in front of you fast enough to react properly.

FPV works great for drone racing due to the lack of obstacles and larger open spaces used for racing.

I’m sure it’s a fun toy for 5 minutes, but it’s not for me :)

Fair enough, I have been racing R/C for years much faster, even 5th scale petrol, but this is something else. Standing on a platform looking down is one thing but a realistic 1st person view of a formula one car with the sound, gears and everything.... doesn't need to be fast, the illusion of speed is more than adequate.

Associate
Jesus christ that's annoying. Is the sound super imposed in the video in post production, actually audible to all that are near the car, or just added to the video feed during messing about with it?

I'd imagine it would be gimicky for about a minute and then it would be just annoying! The recordings of a real F1 car (if that's what they are) just sound plain weird and often don't sync with the behaviour the car is exhibiting at that point.

It's a no from me!

Man of Honour
Jesus christ that's annoying. Is the sound super imposed in the video in post production, actually audible to all that are near the car, or just added to the video feed during messing about with it?

I'd imagine it would be gimicky for about a minute and then it would be just annoying! The recordings of a real F1 car (if that's what they are) just sound plain weird and often don't sync with the behaviour the car is exhibiting at that point.

It's a no from me!
The sound is obviously added afterwards and is a recording of a real F1 car (not of this era).

Back
Top Bottom