Elon Musk goes to court . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Funny seeing how upset some people are over this.

Lots of people bombarded Musk to help because of his privileged position, which he tried to do. This all started when pedo guy mocked his efforts and claimed it was a publicity stunt.

Had pedo guy kept quiet this would never have got as far as it did.

Soldato

Lots of people bombarded Musk to help because of his privileged position, which he tried to do. This all started when pedo guy mocked his efforts and claimed it was a publicity stunt.

Wow.

Caporegime

In what world is it acceptable to call this chap by that name, now?

Is it because he's middle aged and white, and therefore not a protected minority, so fair game?

If he was black and musk had called him a "pedo black guy", there would be complete melt-down right now.

PS I'm sure you'd love it if Musk called you a pedo, yeah? You'd probably be thrilled that the Messiah had acknowledged your existence.

Soldato
*Guy tries to sue Elon for calling him a pedo on Twitter to the tune of $190m dollars*
OcUK when he doesn't win: omg American justice so bad what kind of world are we living in, what a joke, etc.

Hilarious.

Caporegime
*Guy tries to sue Elon for calling him a pedo on Twitter to the tune of $190m dollars*
OcUK when he doesn't win: omg American justice so bad what kind of world are we living in, what a joke, etc.

Hilarious.
You know Elon invited him to sue, don't you?

Elon said, "You have to wonder why, if he's innocent, he hasn't tried to sue me?"

It's not about the settlement money. The jury cleared Elon of stating or implying that the diver Unsworth was a pedophile. Apparently calling him "pedo guy" is not the same as alleging that somebody is a pedophile (yeah, right). Despite Elon publicly hiring a private investigator to find evidence that Unsworth was, in fact, a child molestor.

Soldato
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50695593

guess paedo guy owes him some court costs now ?

Does it work like that in the US? It all depends on what the Judged ruled with regards to costs no? I know in the UK they changed the system so the loser doesn't pay the winners legal fees. I think the US you only pay for own fees.

Where do they get the $190m from.

The power of one tweet eh.

Yeah that just sounds greedy. Surely $250-500,000 would have done it.

Soldato
Does it work like that in the US? It all depends on what the Judged ruled with regards to costs no? I know in the UK they changed the system so the loser doesn't pay the winners legal fees. I think the US you only pay for own fees.

Yeah that just sounds greedy. Surely $250-500,000 would have done it.
Crikey, the US is way ahead of the UK there if you only pay your own fees, which is defiantly fair. Am actually surprised if that;s the case. Makes ya think the UK is geared towards protecting the super wealthy and large companies :D.
Kind of agree with the outcome but it was more than an insult - he was calling for the guy to be investigated. I wonder what would happen if "The Sun" newspaper said that about a celeb in the public eye.

Soldato
I'm still rowing in the same place, thanks - his primary expertise is in publicity, not engineering.

He's literally as knowledgeable an engineer as you're likely to meet, but if it makes you feel good then you can just think he's just the bloke who arranges the product unveilings and the "real" engineers at Tesla and SpaceX just humour him. Delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom