How do you keep yourself motivated?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Motivation comes from the reason, the why. For example if you’re going to the gym because you were told it’s the right thing to do, it won’t stick. You need an underlying reason to do something. Sometimes you need to remind yourself of the reasons.

I go to the gym because I really enjoy it. It helps me mentally, physically and I love the way the way it makes me feel.

Many other hobbies over the years I have stopped quite simply because on reflection I don’t enjoy them. I’ve tried forcing them but it doesn’t work. I no longer game, I used to be a heavy gamer. It wasn’t fun anymore, but over the years I have tried a few more times to get back into it and failed.

Soldato
I'm going through one of those phases where I end up slipping back into old habits of procrastination and lack of motivation to do anything. I'm finding that they happen far too regularly for my liking and I get annoyed at my lack of ability to pursue anything properly.

I'm quite an all or nothing person and when I get into a habit or hobby, I want to do it constantly and I spend far too much spare time reading and obsessing about it. The thing is, sometimes it seems like something will stop me doing it for a week or so and before I know it, 2 months have gone by and I've not been to the gym / played golf / gone for a nice walk etc.

What do you all do to keep motivated? I'm thinking of trying something like setting a recurring calendar reminder or simply pinning a reminder to my door so that it's there in front of me when I go in and out.

Part of me thinks that if my brain can't simply remember that it wants to do things that it gets enjoyment from, then a list won't help!

You need to surround yourself with more positive people, which will motivate you to do better things in life.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
^^^ And also watch a few motivational videos on youtube, they are a great way to start and get into the correct mindset and self-care.

Two good channels:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK9i-t1GwUeVVmddPCCdqCg
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAwylBbx8RiRD3VsaYdwNTw

Sadghuru also has some great talks that millions around the world find inspiring and motivational. Having watched a few, the guy's rather brilliant, especially having read about his past, how he grew up etc.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sadhguru/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

Essentially nobody can tell you what to do to be motivated in xyz. Only you can once you've found your medium to do so. How you find it depends on what stimulus methods you are absorbing. Could be youtube, could be social media, could be face to face talking to people. Everyone else can simply just help you reach that medium.

Remember to that some of the most motivated people around the world had to discover their motivation for themselves. And that message is quite clear watching just even a handful of videos in some of the above channels.

Caporegime
You need to just get up and do whatever you intend to do rather than make excuses to yourself and put it off
This

Sometimes I find it hard to get outside on my kayak. It's a hassle setting out all up etc and it's so easy just to stay in.. But I know if I don't do anything on a weekend I'll feel like ****. So I just literally have to mentally force myself to do it

Always better to do something than nothing

Must admit being in a relationship does help to get out and do something

Soldato
This

Sometimes I find it hard to get outside on my kayak. It's a hassle setting out all up etc and it's so easy just to stay in.. But I know if I don't do anything on a weekend I'll feel like ****. So I just literally have to mentally force myself to do it

Always better to do something than nothing

Must admit being in a relationship does help to get out and do something

i get this with body boarding in winter ,felt like a blu ray day today but knew excercise was due so forced myself to drive to Polzeath ,then felt so pleased i had gone ,felt energised then ,even cleaned the car

Back
Top Bottom