Red Dead Redemption 2

Caporegime
Or possibly its because most people who wanted the game have already bought it on Rockstar, given that there isnt really much advantage in having waited for it to arrive on Steam. 9 out of 10 of my friends who wanted RDR2 bought it day one on Rockstar rather than wait for Steam.
This,
Is there any advantage to buying from Rockstar over Steam? I don't have the R* launcher and would rather avoid having to install it unless there's an advantage? I'm seeing the price is the same on both platforms.
I got two free R* games but don’t know if you still get them buying today or not - what’s the issue with the launcher? You just click on the icon and select whichever R* game you want to play, simples. :)

Soldato
Or possibly its because most people who wanted the game have already bought it on Rockstar, given that there isnt really much advantage in having waited for it to arrive on Steam. 9 out of 10 of my friends who wanted RDR2 bought it day one on Rockstar rather than wait for Steam.
Nope. This is one of the biggest flops in history. Games like Age of empires 2 DE (20 year old game available on xbox game pass for $1), Star wars Jedi fallen order (available on origin cheaper), Halo reach(10 year old game available on xbox game pass for $1) did 3-4 times better than RDR2 on steam.

RDR2 performed so bad its hard to even comprehend. I remember someone in this thread claiming it will reach number 1 most played game on steam. :D

Man of Honour
Nope. This is one of the biggest flops in history. Games like Age of empires 2 DE (20 year old game available on xbox game pass for $1), Star wars Jedi fallen order (available on origin cheaper), Halo reach(10 year old game available on xbox game pass for $1) did 3-4 times better than RDR2 on steam.

RDR2 performed so bad its hard to even comprehend. I remember someone in this thread claiming it will reach number 1 most played game on steam. :D

It was never going to be number 1 on steam because so many bought it on Rockstar rather than wait but seriously, if you think its one of the biggest flops in 40 years of gaming history then I can only assume you're either talking hyperbole or BS :)

Its not even close to being one of the biggest flops in gaming history, though I am 100% certain that some people will want it to be for whatever childish reason formulates in their minds.

Soldato
It was never going to be number 1 on steam because so many bought it on Rockstar rather than wait but seriously, if you think its one of the biggest flops in 40 years of gaming history then I can only assume you're either talking hyperbole or BS :)

Its not even close to being one of the biggest flops in gaming history, though I am 100% certain that some people will want it to be for whatever childish reason formulates in their minds.
Yes on PC its probably the biggest flop in history in terms of sales relative to the budget and hype of the game. Its not hard to understand that.

Soldato
Who cares about sales, it doesn't affect you in any way whether it's #1 or dead last... You're not getting a penny of that money...

It's still a fantastic title, I'm playing it again on PC and it's even more amazing, I'm discovering stuff and places I missed on PS4 Pro and it looks significantly better. I can't think of a single reason to be interested in how much it sold. I'm sure they sold plenty enough on consoles and RL to not care what place it is on Steam currently, lol.

Man of Honour
Yes on PC its probably the biggest flop in history in terms of sales relative to the budget and hype of the game. Its not hard to understand that.

Thats utter nonsense, if you are going to make a claim like that back it up with evidence. You cant because you dont even know what the total PC sales are, nor do you know what the budget was for the PC port. Frankly I think you have a different agenda here, looking back at your posts in the thread, they have been negative toward the game from the start where you stated that none of your console friends had anything but bad things to say about the game. Surprising to me in itself as my console friends had plenty of good to say about the game but perhaps your friends gaming likes differ from my friends gaming likes.

Again, if you seriously think that there has been no other game in the history of PC gaming which has flopped more than this, then I state it again, you are either hyperbole, or BS.

Last edited:
Soldato

Errr no

The budget for the development of RDR2 has more than been made back by the 26 millions copies sold before PC release.

Going by your logic star wars jedi fallen was as massive a flop as well if steam figures are to go by.....

I think you underestimate the fact that it was released a month ago, was cheaper than both Epic or Steam is now, on the RSSC (back Friday weekend £29.99) and how many people realise there is 0 benefit to having it on steam now that they have bought out the Bloomin R* Launcher.

I never expected it to do well on steam as they had been embargoed by R* or Epic had chucked a wad their way to do so.

However if you think it is a flop then you have are wearing blinkers. I had 30 people on my RSSC playing it on release and over the first week. That is the most I have seen concurrent for years and given how many people are currently playing GTAO, that is saying something.

Associate
I'm thinking of buying this from the Rockstar launcher but I'm going to need to install it to my mechanical WD Black drive until I have the funds for an NVME drive.

How easy is it to move installs on the RS launcher?

Ree

Ree

Associate
the lamoyne raiders are quite good at catching you on the hop if your on auto pilot riding the horse i just got blitzed lol.

had that one crash on first day of the update but been rock solid since and running great.

Ree

Ree

Associate
I'm thinking of buying this from the Rockstar launcher but I'm going to need to install it to my mechanical WD Black drive until I have the funds for an NVME drive.

How easy is it to move installs on the RS launcher?

i imagine its simple enough av not done it but the option is there to move it.

Soldato
Errr no

The budget for the development of RDR2 has more than been made back by the 26 millions copies sold before PC release.

Going by your logic star wars jedi fallen was as massive a flop as well if steam figures are to go by.....

I think you underestimate the fact that it was released a month ago, was cheaper than both Epic or Steam is now, on the RSSC (back Friday weekend £29.99) and how many people realise there is 0 benefit to having it on steam now that they have bought out the Bloomin R* Launcher.

I never expected it to do well on steam as they had been embargoed by R* or Epic had chucked a wad their way to do so.

However if you think it is a flop then you have are wearing blinkers. I had 30 people on my RSSC playing it on release and over the first week. That is the most I have seen concurrent for years and given how many people are currently playing GTAO, that is saying something.
I'm aware of how much the game sold on consoles. The PC release on the other hand is a colossal flop in terms of sales and popularity by any metric.

Numbers from your friendlist mean nothing when we got official numbers from twitch and steam. RDR2 on twitch at the moment has 1/20th of the viewership compared to GTAV but I'm sure your 30 friends make up for it. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I'm aware of how much the game sold on consoles. The PC release on the other hand is a colossal flop in terms of sales and popularity by any metric.

Numbers from your friendlist mean nothing when we got official numbers from twitch and steam. RDR2 on twitch at the moment has 1/20th of the viewership compared to GTAV but I'm sure your 30 friends make up for it. :rolleyes:

Proof that it is a flop. You keep on saying it is but no proof. Why? because it's not been.

For some reason you seem to have beef with RDR2 PC?

Also stop quoting steam. It has been explained to you why Steam was never going to be the massive numbers you seem to think it must make for it to be a hit.
Steam is not nor will ever be the largest market place for RDR2. Rockstar have seen to that. So quoting steam figures is quite frankly pointless.

Oh and 37,000 peak users for a game that costs £54, is a month old and second in the steam top selling list is not a flop in my opinion. Given the massive exposure the game has had over the past month on every other market place, I am quite impressed people are willing to cough up.

Man of Honour
Proof that it is a flop. You keep on saying it is but no proof. Why? because it's not been.

For some reason you seem to have beef with RDR2 PC?

Definitely seems to have a beef with it. Not sure what or why. I can only assume from his past posts that he is bearing some sort of grudge that it didnt come out on Steam originally. Maybe one of these anti-anything-other-than-steam folks. Or maybe his PC cant run it so he is taking it out on the game, or maybe he doesnt have £55 to buy it so has a chip on his shoulder, or maybe he's just a miserable so and so :D

Associate

You for real? Lol

Questioning someone's friend list as a poor metric when you come away with this nonsense.

I for one would love to see you're cost/profit calculations on rdr2 on pc, and am very interested in you're "hype" metric.

You must be at the wind up ha ha.

Soldato

You're basing all this on twitch and steam?

Back
Top Bottom