The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
cooking in someone elses kitchen is always a challenge .
I pre-stew the apples for a crumble, friends uwave them , one of the too few, uwave benefits, imhop; thick crumble topping - yum.
Yeah I got asked about pre-cooking the apples. To be honest with 40-60 mins in the oven I don't think it needed it but maybe I could have had it on a lower shelf or covered it for some of the time. Either way it wasn't very burnt and still tasted good.

Can I be your friend, please? :D

Haha! We were actually down one due to a poorly child so had room. :D

Soldato
MrsHB bought a small waffle maker in the Black Friday deals. We’ve been experimenting with different kinds, today I tried an Eggs, Mozzerela cheese, Salt and Black Pepper x2 with a fried egg and bacon medallions in the middle.

I really enjoyed it.

FF27606-A-422-E-4-C02-A8-EA-77-FFE60-E0943.jpg

Soldato
PVv4KJ.jpg

Latest special at Scran. An open sandwich Southern fried chicken tenders, beef tomatoes, baby gem lettuce, spring onions andbacon crumb, tarragon mayo and mushroom & bacon ketchup. Was pretty decent, but not as amazing as some of the other specials they've had.

hUiXOe.jpg

Didn't really want anything heavy for lunch, so went to Revolution and got the club sandwich. Not the best I've had, but it was good enough.

Soldato
PVv4KJ.jpg

Latest special at Scran. An open sandwich Southern fried chicken tenders, beef tomatoes, baby gem lettuce, spring onions andbacon crumb, tarragon mayo and mushroom & bacon ketchup. Was pretty decent, but not as amazing as some of the other specials they've had.

hUiXOe.jpg

Didn't really want anything heavy for lunch, so went to Revolution and got the club sandwich. Not the best I've had, but it was good enough.

Both look good, are these Scran meals generally breakfast then?

Soldato
K2uuVx5.jpg

I had become nearly vegetarian while living abroad, but moved back to the UK a couple of months ago and there is an amazing local butcher here in Ashby...this was put between slices of buttered granary bread with a bit of HP.

Screw vegetables.

Soldato
I had the last two rashers for lunch as well. Bacon is my weakness when it comes to meat. I very rarely have meat as a main meal any more, maybe once or twice a month....but bacon sandwiches....

Soldato
sfvjNj.jpg

Having a total lazy day in the house today. Was trying to decide what to have for dinner when I saw Dominos was offering 50% off again. Got a large with double chicken, sausage, ham, extra cheese and jalapeno's. Delicious!!! :D

Soldato
I had a chicken shish with saffron rice, salad, and tzatziki at a restaurant yesterday. It was really good so I had a quick go at making it for dinner today.

i3nYM3c.png

I really hate the electric hob in my new place, they don't get nearly hot enough to char the chicken. Otherwise it was pretty bang on.

Soldato
I had the last two rashers for lunch as well. Bacon is my weakness when it comes to meat. I very rarely have meat as a main meal any more, maybe once or twice a month....but bacon sandwiches....
We seem to be going the same way, my eldest become vegetarian a few months ago (shes 14) and I found I wasnt that fussed by meat. I can take or leave it most of the time. I found this after we did a roast chicken, most of it was leftover and i would rather eat the potatoes or veg or something. Sadly my weakness with roasts is pigs in blankets this is now the only meat i really have with a roast

I still love burgers, steak, but the rest i am happy with either vegetables or equivalents. I have even taken to the beyond meat burgers

Soldato
I had a chicken shish with saffron rice, salad, and tzatziki at a restaurant yesterday. It was really good so I had a quick go at making it for dinner today.

i3nYM3c.png

I really hate the electric hob in my new place, they don't get nearly hot enough to char the chicken. Otherwise it was pretty bang on.

I really like the look of all that, particularly the rice. Can you tell me how you prepare and cook the chicken and rice? Is that basmati? I always find it difficult to get perfectly separated rice, no matter how long I wash starch away. I usually let my rice sit in water for about 15 minutes, drain the water and let it sit for another 15 minutes, then once more for another 15 minutes. I've got a bag of brown basmati which I've also been having with tzatziki.

Back
Top Bottom