Vader Immortal now available for rift/rift s.

Associate
Evening friends

vader immortal went live this evening on rift and rift s oculus store it is only 7.99. i am sure there are other star wars fans in here that want to play a VR star wars game so just a heads up.

Enjoy

Permabanned
It does have a story and is quite short but it’s worth it just for the lightsaber alone! Feels so good igniting it and moving it around. Makes me smile every time.

Soldato
I've tried this on both Rift and Quest, and the Rift version seems to have more 'presence'. It seems more real for some reason. I'm not sure but the scale seems a bit bigger too - Vader seems more imposing. Maybe my IPD is set wrong on the Quest, as apparently that can affect scale, or maybe the lower framerate means it feels less real. In any case, though short it's definitely worth getting on Rift.

Soldato
Worth picking up for £8 but don't set your hopes too high. It's very much just a quick 45 minute experience with the lightsaber dojo for a little bit of replay value but overall kind of meh.

Associate
Picked it up yesterday and played the Dojo trainer mode alone for 45 mins. Wife played for 15 minutes between making dinner and she loved it too. Haven't tried story yet but understand it lasts around 45-90 minutes from a friend. For £8 worth it for the trainer mode alone!

Soldato
I picked this up yesterday and had a quick go. It's very well done. The dojo is brilliant, twirling the lightsaber around and deflecting laser bolts, what's not to like???

Soldato
I played through this again on Quest at work in an empty floor with a large playing area. Apart from the times where it forces you to a position, it was pretty incredible to actually physically walk from location to location (using thumbstick turning to rotate the playing area when I reached the guardian boundary).

Give it a try if you have it on Quest! Feels like a completely different experience.

Soldato
Finished this today and I have mixed feelings.

The Dojo is brilliant, the story is brilliant, been part of the Star Wars universe feels amazing. Unfortunately, for me anyway, that amazing feeling only lasts for the first part of the game. The gameplay elements they added don't add anything at all. They are so scripted that they are meaningless. The few times you use the lightsaber in combat are naff. The enemies just use the same three strikes, which are easy blocked, then you swing at them. They don't defend at all. You can't even damage them before they make their three swings even though they don't even try to block.

I think it would have been better if they just left the story part as just that a story, that you watch unfold through the eyes of the captain. Most of it is just standing around anyway, you can't even move until the game lets you.

Would I recommend it? If it didn't have the Training Dojo I would have said no don't buy it. The Training Dojo saves it.

Soldato
Free for new registrations of Quest headsets. Also it's crossbuy so if you bought it for one platform it will show as free on the other.

Back
Top Bottom