Kebab shop salad

Soldato
So I know the basis of it, sliced onions, cabbage, cucumber tomato etc etc.

But if you get those things at home, and slice them up, it's nothing like the salad you get from a kebab shop.

So what is it they do to it?

Seasoning?

Oil?

Soldato
OP
Given the time this thread was started, are you just returning from a night out and examining your end-of-night kebab salad, @BUDFORCE ? :p

Well that's half true, I was out last night, went to see The Darkness in Cambridge, there is a cold McDonald's double cheeseburger here.

I was actually watching car throttle on YouTube and they often frequent a kebab shop, and they were having the chicken shish on a bed of salad it looked really nice.

The chicken I can do, but that salad....

Soldato
Yeah. Cos northerners are renowned for adding vegetables to things...

It's pretty standard and every country I've been to where you can easily get kebabs you get salad.

Agreed, all throughout the middle east it's usually some flat bread, rice, salad and meat, usually always get some roasted chilli's as well. Chips as well in tourist places.

You can get them to go which is more like what we have over hear and it's bread, meat and salad with chillis.

Soldato
OP
Aye I'm not talking like late night takeaway type but good home made shish style.

Not that there is anything wrong with the late night style takeaway ones either.

My brother's Mrs suggested finely slicing and dousing it in white wine vinegar.

Back
Top Bottom