• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Ryzen 9 3950X review thread

Soldato
Well... going to the Christmas do for a work place this evening, with that awesome raffle draw. Crossing my fingers that I win the 3950x, heck I'd even be happy with a 3700x or an X570 board, but I know it will be a Spa weekend or something I don't really want at all. :D

RCM

RCM

Associate
3950x just turned up with DPD, didn't really expect it on a Saturday. A big thanks to OcUK for getting these chips out in reasonable numbers when everyone else is struggling to get anything at all. Think I'll open the Haribo's to celebrate. :D:D

Associate
3950x just turned up with DPD, didn't really expect it on a Saturday. A big thanks to OcUK for getting these chips out in reasonable numbers when everyone else is struggling to get anything at all. Think I'll open the Haribo's to celebrate. :D:D

you will have funim happy with mine.over 9k in r20 eveying at stock

RCM

RCM

Associate
you will have funim happy with mine.over 9k in r20 eveying at stock
I'm sure that will be the case, still acquiring parts for the build though...:D

Anyone know if we still have to contact support to get the Equipped to Win bundle or will it be mailed automatically since it was added to the product page??

Associate
This for me too, extremely happy, thanks OcUK!

How does the game redemption work? Do we await a code?

Soldato
Well... going to the Christmas do for a work place this evening, with that awesome raffle draw. Crossing my fingers that I win the 3950x, heck I'd even be happy with a 3700x or an X570 board, but I know it will be a Spa weekend or something I don't really want at all. :D

Quoting myself.

I won an envelope... with a 3 day city break to Paris via Eurostar (it is first/business class though) for 2 people.

I am slightly disappointed, the 3950x was won buy a random project assistant, who has no interest in computers at all, I am sure she'll love it. :(

The also gave away a 65" OLED TV, no idea how I missed that on the list, and the pinnacle of prizes for the non-geeks was 12 months use of the new Tesla Model 3 with no costs, other than if you chose to charge it at home rather than the work place chargers.

Total money raised by the company via the raffle, and other charitable sources and events was over £15,000. So all for a good cause. :)

Associate
Quoting myself.

I won an envelope... with a 3 day city break to Paris via Eurostar (it is first/business class though) for 2 people.

I am slightly disappointed, the 3950x was won buy a random project assistant, who has no interest in computers at all, I am sure she'll love it. :(

The also gave away a 65" OLED TV, no idea how I missed that on the list, and the pinnacle of prizes for the non-geeks was 12 months use of the new Tesla Model 3 with no costs, other than if you chose to charge it at home rather than the work place chargers.

Total money raised by the company via the raffle, and other charitable sources and events was over £15,000. So all for a good cause. :)

Should have offered the PA a swap for the city break and a few quid spending money on top?

Associate
I'm sure that will be the case, still acquiring parts for the build though...:D

Anyone know if we still have to contact support to get the Equipped to Win bundle or will it be mailed automatically since it was added to the product page??

This for me too, extremely happy, thanks OcUK!

How does the game redemption work? Do we await a code?

I posted in the customer service forum here, as per Gibbo's post:
Shall get them added next week to 3950X, anyone who purchased 3950X post in CS with your order number and they will email you the game codes. :)

Associate
I posted in the customer service forum here, as per Gibbo's post:

Ah apologies, I did see that but I thought that was when there was still the confusion as to whether it's meant to come with the 3950x. Now that the image is on the site I kinda assumed we'd just get the codes like how they sent it when I got my GPU.

Will message CS :)

Associate
Ah apologies, I did see that but I thought that was when there was still the confusion as to whether it's meant to come with the 3950x. Now that the image is on the site I kinda assumed we'd just get the codes like how they sent it when I got my GPU.

Will message CS :)
No apologies needed :)
Pretty sure anyone who ordered before the listing got updated will need to get in touch with CS for the rewards code. Anyone after should be fine for whatever system OCUK normally have in place.

Soldato
Well done, i think i would do the trade as well. Did you have to pay on top of giving the trip?

Nope, she was over the moon TBH. She's not been to Paris but I have many times, and I'd rather not spend several hundreds of pounds (spending money) on a trip that I didn't book.

Looks like it took a knock :D
I assume she just didn't care enough, and threw it in her skip... I mean car.

The box looks so small vs the 3900x hehe from the packaging the 3900x stands out more :)

Yeah, no HSF.

My week number is 44, chip is 1944SUT.

I am trying to convince one of the guys who won an X570 Taichi to sell it to me cheap. :D

Last edited:
Associate
I'm still tweaking everything since it's a brand new PC but I achieved 4.3ghz @ 1.35V ( stable?> yet to test, only ran p95 for 4 hours. ) and 4.35ghz @ 1.38V but errors show up within 5min of prime95...
Anyway more testing is required, I plan on spending the whole week just for this, the past few days I was trying a lot of unsuccessful RAM overclocks...

Currently have mine on stock, Highest clock i saw was 4.675ghz

This result is from the 4.3ghz oc
5pmELt3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom